Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
Event Schedule
http://www.sfrscca.o...1_2schedule.pdf
SOUND NOTES: Groups 7 runs at 90 db for all sessions.

Two days = practice, qualify, two full points races
Both races award full Regional points. Starting positions for second race determined by fastest lap in Race 1.

Enter by midnight Monday, September 26 to avoid the late fee and to retain your reserved number. Late registration fee of $30 will be charged after Sept. 26.

Online entry closes September 28; after that you must enter at the track and pay the $50 post entry fee.
If you have questions about the event, please contact the SF Region Office: 888-995-7222 or office@sfrscca.org

http://sfrscca.motorsportreg.com/

SFR Sunoco Championship Series Regional Rewards Programs
Race 11
Class or Group # of drawings and amount
ITX 1 x $200
SMT/SSM 3 x $200

Race 12
ITA 1 x $200
SMT/SSM 3 x $200

$50,000 Thunderhill REWARD$ Program
Race 11
ITX 2 x $250
SMT/SSM 4 x $700
STU 2 x $250

Race 12
ITA 3 x $500
SMT/SSM 4 x $700

TOYO Tire Spec Miata Contingency Program
AIM Tires will be rewarding SFR Spec Miata Drivers with $8500 in Toyo Rebates in 2011.

Race 11
AIM Toyo Tires Certificates
SMT/SSM:
1st = $150
2nd = $100
3rd = $75
4th = $50
5th = $25

Race 11 & Race 12
SSM: One $250 winner chosen by random drawing

Garage rentals are available at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for the October 1-2 SF Regional weekend.

Garage rental is $200 for the weekend. Contact Tom Wickersham at 925-838-1911 or compauto@msn.com no later than September 23 to rent a garage.

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Does anyone know of a Test Day on Friday ?
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Holy Cow...a question you don't know the answer to :shocking: I don't either but maybe look on the LS website calender?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
LOL, Ya too lazy, it wasn't for me.
J~

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:38
LS calendar says Skip Barber.

http://www.mazdarace...alendar/2011-09

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)

Holy Cow...a question you don't know the answer to :shocking: I don't either but maybe look on the LS website calender?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01
Any idea if there is any restrictions on when we can enter the paddock on Friday?
I know last time, Laguna said we could not come in until 5 but it ended up being way later when we finally got into the paddock.
Is it going to be the same this time?
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Car Number:12
Joshua - you'll likely be backed up in T5 ahead of time anyways so come early, drop your trailer, go have a nice meal and come back to socialize around 5. Nothing better than wasting half a day of work to get to the track early to sit in line so you can get first dibs on space! :)

I wish we could reserve our paddock space when we register but that seems to be the next most contentious topic after drivers and their numbers.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
SFR site says 5:30 or later I think.

SCCA_Racer

SCCA_Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Region:San Fransisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:01

SFR site says 5:30 or later I think.

I found it in the Acceptance Letter:
The paddock will open for the event at 5:30 p.m. or later, Friday, September 30. The paddock gate will be open all night Friday and Saturday nights.
If you arrive prior to 5:30 the day before the event, you park in the paddock entry staging area. SFR is required by Laguna to stay off the main roads until 5:30 p.m.
Joshua Fine
Sealed Spec Miata (SCCA)
Posted Image
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Ron, Kyle was right.
I went from slicks to 1 lines and droppeed 1.5 sec on sunday.
J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
I would like to say whatever was different, gridding up in 10 was a refreshing change as opposed to gridding off of 11 and wait for the green.

Well done.
J~

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Would like to know how all went down for Dave Petruska, does anyone have any video? Best wishes towards him.

Great run by Phil all weekend, won Saturdays race with a 8-10 second margin and Sundays race ended early due to the accident. Pretty much unstoppable. Wish I could have had a car there to give it a shot though :shoot: :hugegrin:

Nice job to Kyle Gayman for holding P2 in Sundays race from the start. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened after the FCY.

Awesome weather and good seeing everyone.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
Mike N. and Dave got together out of the corkscrew, dave hit the wall left and then spun dowm to 9.

Oh Phil got it going on.

Kyle so close.

Going to be good next year.

J~

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
If you 2 are thinking National runoffs next year to play with Brian, get a 99, 00 together.

Well done boys,
J~

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
:idea:

I will be helping Brian next year for the National races around California with out a doubt.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Mike N. and Dave got together out of the corkscrew, dave hit the wall left and then spun dowm to 9.

Oh Phil got it going on.

Kyle so close.

Going to be good next year.

J~

I'm not sure this is accurate. Dave P was behind Mike N. when the first contact happened at the top of the corkscrew when Dave got into Mike. As they both headed down Nick B was in the mix as both cars were trying to regain control. Not sure if it was pre or post spin for Dave but Nick did say they had contact. I was told Dave hit the unprotected concrete wall track right(correct?) at the top of 9 full impact on drivers side. Had to use jaws to get him out and brought in the Life Flight to take him to the nearest Trauma center. I hope this was only precautionary... unfortunately no information was available before we left today. I hope someone will post if they hear any news on his condition. Our prayers go out to him :(

3 races in a row at Laguna Seca where a car has hit an unprotected concrete wall hard...how :censored: expensive is it for junk tires?????

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Crap. If anyone has any concrete info on Dave's condition, please keep us updated. That really sucks. :(

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Greg Cicatelli

Greg Cicatelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:96

I'm not sure this is accurate. Dave P was behind Mike N. when the first contact happened at the top of the corkscrew when Dave got into Mike. As they both headed down Nick B was in the mix as both cars were trying to regain control. Not sure if it was pre or post spin for Dave but Nick did say they had contact. I was told Dave hit the unprotected concrete wall track right(correct?) at the top of 9 full impact on drivers side. Had to use jaws to get him out and brought in the Life Flight to take him to the nearest Trauma center. I hope this was only precautionary... unfortunately no information was available before we left today. I hope someone will post if they hear any news on his condition. Our prayers go out to him :(

3 races in a row at Laguna Seca where a car has hit an unprotected concrete wall hard...how :censored: expensive is it for junk tires?????

Ron has the facts correct. I came up behind and the 3 of them were going into T9 with Mike inside, Dave in the middle, and Nick far outside. I have it on video, but prefer to not post anything until we have an update on Dave. It looked like a racing incident and Dave just got nudged and sent him off high speed (I'd guess 70mph +/-) with back end first, then making contact with the concrete barrier outside of T9 at about a 45 degree angle on driver door. When everyone came around and saw him parked facing down the hill just to the outside of T9 is essentially where he bounced. Seriously scary incident and hope it makes everyone install Halo seats.

More importantly, regarding his status - the last I heard last night is the good news is he's not paralyzed. However, he suffered intracranial bleeding and rib fractures, but is responsive although was unconscious in the flight out. This is about as much as Larry had heard yesterday and Joe Grant drove his gear back up last night. Please, if anyone has more information update us. It puts things in perspective when you see this ugly side to our sport/hobby. Thoughts and prayers to Dave and let's hope for a speedy recovery.

I also concur with Ron's statement about used tires out there...

DionJ

DionJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:68
Wow, thoughts and prayers go out to Dave...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users