FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I have a brother and good friend who were running TT with Nasa Last year to come run with me in SCCA and Nasa next year.

I think the plan is they are going to set the cars up to Run PTE in Nasa so when the cross over to run IT in SCCA what class will the 99 be placed in and will what are the cans and can nots in IT with a PTE class car.

If you do not know PTE then what can you do in IT with a 99 that has headers and a head job?

since I am only interested in sm I know squat about IT.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
I think STU or STL is your options?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
http://www.scca.com/...ted version.pdf here are lots of pages of rules but it is in there somewhere!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I think STU or STL is your options?

Well maybe they will have to go the other way and build them to IT and then take there lumps in NASA as I am pretty sure we will be doing more SCCA than NASA so if you were going to build a 99 for IT would that change your answer??

Kyle that rule book gives me blurred vision I was hoping someone been there and done that.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
I've seen 99 SMs running as ITS before. Don't know how the header/head effects that - although it's regional so who gonna care? :whistling:
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

JP3

JP3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:1
I've have also seen them run in ITS ,STU without any problems .Usally teck will work with u if u give them aheads up what u like to do .
Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda - Grand-Am Winner in a Mazda Donor - Made PayPal donation Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I have a brother and good friend who were running TT with Nasa Last year to come run with me in SCCA and Nasa next year.

I think the plan is they are going to set the cars up to Run PTE in Nasa so when the cross over to run IT in SCCA what class will the 99 be placed in and will what are the cans and can nots in IT with a PTE class car.

If you do not know PTE then what can you do in IT with a 99 that has headers and a head job?

since I am only interested in sm I know squat about IT.

ITS, check with Kip VanSteinburg as he has campaigned one several years ago sucessfully. ISC Racing

STL is a regional option you can do lots of fun stuff, but the car will be HEAVY @ 2398# IMHO.
STU, a crossover class most guys are running with their SM's. Rules are close to STL only more "stuff" you can do.

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users