Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27
Yes it has only been 7 days since our last go round at Infineon. But it was so much fun lets do it again next weekend!!! Just remember to bring your coat, hat, and rain boots because it looks like mother nature is going to throw us the curve ball instead of Jerry. Forcast says rain for now but who knows?? And if does rain Dean will park edward and might come join us!!!

So who is in??

Just as a side note, I truely had a revelation driving in the rain at this track several years ago and broke through my personal barrier and became a much faster driver. There is much you can learn from racing in the rain!!!!
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
I'm there! The fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

I heard that Edward will be parked, and if it's wet I'll bet you anything that we will have Dean out there with us.

Charlie, you got the A motor back in right? Bring it!

We just gotta convince Aaron to run.

Have we lost Hartzel??
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Barry said to me, as he left before the race last Sun., he was done for the year.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
I may have the car parked. A little expensive last weekend. Need to start saving for next year and getting my program a little better.

I will be there crewing for one of the TFB se30s probably. It sucks it's raining now I wanted it to rain last weekend. :(
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Jeff Lyon

Jeff Lyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:NorCal/SFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:19
My dad and I are in... it has been a while but had to get one last race in before the season was over.

Jeff Lyon

Jeff Lyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:NorCal/SFR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:19
Just saw the latest schedule update... both races on Sunday and a 50 minute race to top it off!

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Oh man, that's great. A 50 minute race and I don't have to miss my cousin's wedding on Saturday.

Glad you're back Jeff.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Jeff beat me to it... the schedule is quite different from normal for this event, so pay attention!

We have warm up and qual on Saturday, and we're done around lunch time. Juan and I are giving a 60 minute Art of Road Racing teaser presentation at 12:30 in the drivers' lounge. I hope some of you will stick around for that. God knows you all need it!! ;-) ;-)

On Sunday, we have a warm up session early, then a regular 30 minute race with the grid set according to the Qual results from Saturday morning.

Sunday afternoon, we have a straight up 50 minute sprint race - no mandatory pit stops or course changes - to see who wants the championship more. Both races will be scored the same - double points for each.

Tech will allow 20lbs off your minimum weight to account for those folks who fill their tanks to make weight. I know this is an advantage for some and a disadvantage for others. Suck it up and drive FTW!

Sorry that Barry and Charlie may not make it. Jeff, very happy to see you and your dad back in NASA competition instead of just supporting the rentals!

Looking forward to a great weekend - rain or shine.

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I may not be able to sit this one out. I secured a spot but it depends on if I get all my work done early so I can button up my car for the finale.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
WOW! I want to run now!!

We have the SCCA banquet next weekend, think I can make it??? haha
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88
I thought I read this here already but here it is again.

Attn: Global Time Attack racers, teams, supporters and fans. Infineon Raceway and the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) are holding a food drive on Nov 11-12. Please go to your pantry and dig out 10-20 cans of food or dried goods. Just drop it at the front gate when you sign in. Those that bring at least six cans of food will get in free. Please help this unselfish cause and please share/forward/repost this to spread the word. Let's give back, People!

J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Does anyone (Dean) know how many drivers we have signed up so far?

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
About 15 so far. That's weak, as this promises to be a great weekend. Forecast has really cleared up and the 50 minute sprint race will be a lot of fun.

Former driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
15 is still fun, how many e30s and USTCC cars? Charging through traffic and watching someone come from behind, dive bomb, then spin off track always keeps you on your toes!!!!!

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I can only see SM registration, not the other groups. Given how tight the points are in e30, I imagine they'll have a pretty big group.

On a COMPLETELY different subject, how do you guys feel about trying a standing start sometime? I'm NOT talking about this weekend, but next year. I've heard complaints that it might be too hard on the mazdacomp diff. Thoughts/opinions?

Jaime has also suggested an oval race, like this:

Jerry did this with the Pro 7's several years ago and said it was a blast. I'm sure we could get a "run group" on a Saturday night and run under the lights. Who's in?

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Sign me up for an oval. I have a perfect mentor for that. :whistling:

I remember people talking about the mazda comp and the standing start, pretty sure the similar SM series in Europe does standing starts. They also run no tops with no arm restraints or hans... :noidea:

http://youtu.be/JtKpWqqqKwE

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

15 is still fun, how many e30s and USTCC cars? Charging through traffic and watching someone come from behind, dive bomb, then spin off track always keeps you on your toes!!!!!

Just make sure who's ever on pole gets to the start/finish at least 60 sec after the E30's start...then you lesson the odds the leaders will catch the mid-pack by race end!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I went and watched those guys at Silverstone last year when I was in the UK on business. They could not possibly have cared less that I was a spec miata racer from the US.

Otherwise, it looked just like SM here.

Good point about the separation of the two groups. I'll cover this with whoever is on pole on Sunday.

Former driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Number:88
+1 Oval, where at ?
Banked required, IMO.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
http://www.ukiahspee...tion/about.html

Former driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users