Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
Just thought I'd plant the flag to claim this space for the Great Lakes SCCA and NASA orgs!

On a note germane to those raceing in the midwest, I'm curious to know if anyone (but me) is planning to run the inagural SCCA O'Reilly Raceway Park circle track event in Indy this season.
I figure to be serious, you'd have to go with the positive camber look on the Left Front and cross weight the car to favor left turning. Comments?
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
I might be wrong but it seems to me that the SCCA held events on the oval back in the early 90s. I remember bamboozling my way into a running few laps at a Friday test day with a buddy's RX-7 ITA car. It was of course still IRP. I didn't have a comp license yet so don't tell anyone. It was big fun. Did a Bondurant Formula Ford lapping school there once also.

Any-hoo, this could be a hoot. Unless of course you smack the wall and total the tub.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
TTT
Anybody out there know the answer to question #2?
Rick

barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

nemo65

nemo65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:SCCA / NASA
  • Car Number:65

Just thought I'd plant the flag to claim this space for the Great Lakes SCCA and NASA orgs!

On a note germane to those raceing in the midwest, I'm curious to know if anyone (but me) is planning to run the inagural SCCA O'Reilly Raceway Park circle track event in Indy this season.
I figure to be serious, you'd have to go with the positive camber look on the Left Front and cross weight the car to favor left turning. Comments?
Rick

It looks really interesting. Is this confirmed or still tentative? Any idea what the format be? Will there be an open practice day Friday? How many laps on that 5/8 track?

Eagerly waiting to see this one take shape.
Kyle Jones
1990 powered by Stewart
2010 SCCA Midiv SM Champion
BVTAmerica.com
East Street Racing
Springfield Dyno

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

It looks really interesting. Is this confirmed or still tentative? Any idea what the format be? Will there be an open practice day Friday? How many laps on that 5/8 track?

Eagerly waiting to see this one take shape.

I believe the Indianapolis region has scheduled the race for 10/23/11. I assume they wil be 35 minute races, so maybe 40 laps or so? As for a practice session, no info yet as far as I know.
Rick

barely kill you.

David Brown

David Brown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Ohio Valley Region
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:08

I believe the Indianapolis region has scheduled the race for 10/23/11. I assume they wil be 35 minute races, so maybe 40 laps or so? As for a practice session, no info yet as far as I know.
Rick

Rick,
Changes are coming to the schedule and while I can't reveal them at this time they look to be the bad kind. The kind where dates go away.....

Yes there were races on the oval in the late 90's and maybe even thru 2001 or 2002. I did one of the races, but since I was alone and running an SS car at the time there was nothing I could do to adjust the car and it was pretty slow. I hope to do it again this year *if* IRP/ORP/Lucas Oil Raceway Park hosts SCCA. The track changed name yesterday as Lucas Oil bought the naming rights. Maybe they will get the road course up and running.

db

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
If IRP was brought back to life by Lucas Oil that would be simply wonderful! Hell, I'd switch to their lubes!It's one of my favorite venues.
Rick