john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
LIVE Timing from Road Atlanta

The 8hr Enduro is currently underway...
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tony senese

tony senese

Not racing bicycles again!!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Northeast
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:99
After 4 hours, Drago is in 11th overall.... not sure who all the the SM's are, (Drago is in a MX-5 or SM5 I think)... Oh wait update, he is 9th overall at the 4 hour 25 minute mark.

Phew...... that was a close one!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director
'06, '08, '11, '12, '13, '14

NASA-NE SM champ

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
I thought JPD was trying out his new-build SM.
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Question...... How many Spec Miata's are running Santa's Toy Run.....

Answer......How many cars is Brian Domont driving today!!!!!!!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

T&S shows his SM #2 ran 12 laps. Best time 1:49, not so fast. Maybe Jim was just breaking the motor in!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Fowler and Hart, P6 overall, (top SM was P5 last year and we were 6th senese-curran-figarsky) so go Tom's show them who's boss!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
5:55:55 into it
  • P7 #65 Tom Fowler / Tom Hart
  • P8 #14 Drago / Todaro / K.Webb (I think this is Kyles car which he put on the 2012 NASA Nats PTE podium)
  • These two are on the same lap, 5 laps down from P6.
Anyone know of other SM drivers & what cars they are in ??
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Car# Car Info TX # Drivers
008 1999 Mazda Miata Black/Re 3902840 Brian Domont/Michael Brinati/jeff garibotti
31 1990 Mazda Miata Blue / s 1285557 Dick Makow/Robert Baker
32 1990 Mazda Miata .Blue 5699611 MICHAEL DAVERO/Keith Mellen/Fred Maringer/Collin OBrien
56 1999 Mazda Miata Black 7991812 Brian Domont/Michael Brinati/Brett Simons/Neil Gehani/Michael Anzaldi/Mike DiNicola
65 1991 Mazda Miata Blue/Whi 1966490 Tom Fowler/Tom Hart
75 1998 Mazda Miata green/wh 5941302 Michael Edwards/John Mayes
781 1990 Mazda Miata white/bl 3095403 Chuck Rosenblum /Casey Carden
8 1990 mazda miata white/re 1537599 Gilbert Galle/tyler cooke
82 2000 Mazda Miata Black 489336 Brian Domont/Michael Brinati/Don Esbjornson/jeff garibotti
96 1990 Mazda Miata Orange 426912 Patrick Wehmeyer/bruce byerly/Richard Golinello
14 2003 mazda miata White 6472885 Jim Drago / Frank Todaro / Kyle Webb
2 2000 mazda miata white 5568975 Jim Drago
  • john mueller likes this

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I doubt during the enduro putting that amount of time on the motor. I think he will be driving his new ride during the weekend race(s).

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

He was/did... Only 12 laps in the #2, then jumped into the #14.
I'd not be surprised if he took it back out for a few more laps before the 8hrs are done. Enduros are perfect for shake-downs.

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
E3 class coming down to the 2003 of Drago vs the 1991 of Fowler! 10 minutes to go with Drago in the lead, BARELY

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Oh no, Drago must have had an issue, Fowler leading E3 on lap 233. 9 minutes to go.

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Drago, 34 seconds back...... 7 minutes to go.

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

tony senese

tony senese

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Pending T&S changes, Fowler and Hart win E3 class in an OLD miata!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director

NASA-NE SM champ

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
Hey, great to have the live timing and scoring for this event. Congratulations to team Tom! Good luck this weekend, it should be great weather.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
Had a tiny car issue before the race started fixed that and got on the track 2 laps down to begin with and we fought our way back. Drago got us back to P1 before he brought it in with 1:25 left, I got in the car with a full tank of fuel and ran all but 4 laps in full out fuel conserve mode. I caught Fowlers car, driven by Tom Hart with about 6 laps to go and followed him for about 3laps before they started yelling on the radio that I had to hurry and get the pass done, so passed him on that lap and pulled out about 20 car lengths on him. then I went into T7 and the car whipped right out from under me, I figured I had a corded tire, so I gathered up and ran all the way to 10a with Hart on my bumper got through 10a just fine and hit 10b with the gas to the floor, again the car shot out from under me saved it and still had the lead but I knew right then I had a flat tire. so I had to concede the lead to Hart coming down the hill and I barely made it through T12 alive. They gave the white Flag and I figured I could limp it back around for the finish, which I barely did, tire had a big puncture right through the middle. Congrats to Fowler and Hart, they drove a real mistake free race! The win would have been nice but p2 was pretty damn good for starting 2 laps down and finishing with a flat tire and the fuel light having been on for 2 laps!

We drove my 2003 car that is on the site to be sold. It is one hell of a car, cant beleive for 16k that someone hasnt snapped it up. Even Drago was pretty impressed, by the way it performed out there.

Big thanks to my Team Mates Drago and Todaro, we had a friggin blast, lots of light hearted laughs and some fun racing. Todaro, gave up his last stint in the car so that we could go for the WIN, that was very selfless, and much appreciated!

Thanks to OPM for all the great food, great laughs, incredible pit service even though they were our competitors, and real great sportmanship and fine driving!
Special thanks to Tracy, the sandwich saved my life, might not have been able to finish without it.

Thanks to 5Xracing for getting the hawk blues over to me just in the nick of time for the event!
Thanks to East Street for providing so many of the great performance parts on the car!
  • john mueller likes this

K. Webb