Photo

Cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
MOTION (Patullo/Walsh) to approve the rule change #4350 to the GCR. PASSED 10-3. Opposed Gordy, Merideth and Jones.
#4350 – May
In 9.3.29, add a new section D as follows:
"Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR using numbers that are a minimum of two inches in height and are within 6 inches of the class designation in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales. Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class."
[The CRB has modified the text in response to member input. The grayed out text is removed and replace by the remaining text in that sentence.]
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:91
Two inches in height? Lame. Hello clutter....

Should just do the NASA thing with a decal on the B pilliar or rear window.
  • Alberto and FTodaro like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
Tell me what color and font you want and I'll cut you some very elegant vinyl numbers, Rob. Merry Christmas.

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I decided to take a 1.5 lb penalty in STL for the sake of simplicity... :ph34r:

Posted Image

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I decided to take a 1.5 lb penalty in STL for the sake of simplicity... :ph34r:

Posted Image

Violation of the rule as written................"display the correct minimum weight" ...the Clown will throw paper.......

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
If I get to where I am worried.. I will start bring duct tape and a sharpie :) STL is usually test only for me anyway :)
  • Glenn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
1068.182Kg
  • john mueller, Glenn, Alberto and 2 others like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

1068.182Kg

Thanks Tom for that smart A$$ response....LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Region:NorCal
That made me laugh out loud.

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

1068.182Kg

:no: Tom, the GCR is in pounds. :nonono:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
joke/jōk/
Noun: A thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline. Verb: Make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly. Synonyms:
noun. jest - fun - jape - gag - trick - pleasantry - lark
verb. jest - jape - banter - lark - kid - josh

What is that, in stone anyway? Well it's 171.428571 stone. Good thing you caught that, I was just about to set my ride height in palms and digits...

dave gomberg

dave gomberg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:WDC

MOTION (Patullo/Walsh) to approve the rule change #4350 to the GCR. PASSED 10-3. Opposed Gordy, Merideth and Jones.
#4350 – May
"Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR, FB, FC, FE, FF, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct minimum weight specified in the current GCR using numbers that are a minimum of two inches in height and are within 6 inches of the class designation in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales. Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class."
[The CRB has modified the text in response to member input. The grayed out text is removed and replace by the remaining text in that sentence.]

Unfortunately, when this was published in Fastrack, formatting was lost - note that there is no grayed out text. I have shown the change with strikeouts. There will be a Racing Memo making this official very soon.

Dave

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Number:88
I appreciate the intent but I thought that the black rectangle I made with electrical tape on my hardtop with the weight written on it using a silver sharpie did a good job. When I get asked "How much are you supposed to weigh?" I just point. After 3 or 4 times they remember where to look.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

When I get asked "How much are you supposed to weigh?" I just point. After 3 or 4 times they remember where to look.

I say that my cardiologist says I should be about 215 but my primary says 250 for my frame is fine.... Oh, you mean the car? The scrutineer should know by your class the weight but with all the weights in SM it's not too difficult to get a consistent placement for the weight info. Much like you did with tape and Sharpie. In stock cars we had the tech decal on the front most portion of the roof, driver's side and on karts on the fairing and also had the class so I didn't point to a weight that that I made up. The scrutineer asking the driver about the rules doesn't make any sense to me.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

The scrutineer asking the driver about the rules doesn't make any sense to me.

Hummm, I remember getting a 100# pass in tech once for just this same mistake on the part of the scrutineer :king:

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
I try to go easy on them. They volunteer. I love them for it and will do whatever I can to make their jobs easier. Talking to some folks at off track functions I found that even if they don't know the face behind the helmet, #88 red and silver is known as the car who swings the door open driving into pregrid so they know where to place me from 150 yards away. Apparently it makes enough of a good impression that I was introduced to someones husband at the bar who shook my hand and said "Oh you're THAT guy.". Apparently it's a big deal if you try to make their lives easier for them when they're baking in the sun trying to help you play race car driver. I figure the least a gentleman can do is open a door for the lady, and write the correct weight on the car for the guys at the scales.
  • Glenn and Cnj like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
Latest posting on SCCA.com. I just ordered numbers two inches tall.

"Except for classes in which there is only 1 required minimum weight (i.e., ASR,
FB, FC, FE, FM, FS, FST, FV, SM5, SRF), all cars shall display the correct
minimum weight specified in the current GCR using numbers that are a
minimum of two inches in height and are within 6 inches of the class
designation
in a manner that is clearly legible to the scrutineers at the scales.
Cars that are run in more than one class must display the correct minimum
weight for each class so that it is clear which weight applies to each class."

http://scca.cdn.race...ts/RM_11-13.pdf

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Tell me what color and font you want and I'll cut you some very elegant vinyl numbers, Rob. Merry Christmas.

Thanks, but that wasn't my beef. I have no less than 6 classes on the side of my car.
SM, ITA, STU, PTE, E3, TTE

With NASA's big number requirement and the small size of our doors, sticker real estate gets to be an issue. Not to mention that the sides are where all the sponsors and contingency payers want to be as well.

Thank goodness they backed off on the 2 inch numbers next to the class letters. rear window sticker FTW
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
I was thinking on the rear window, behind you, so not to block your view, a list in your case.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

I was thinking on the rear window, behind you, so not to block your view, a list in your case. J~

yeah, I can't find a link to those nasa power and weight stickers for the window just behind the b pillar. Something like that would be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users