Hotshoe

Hotshoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Region:North Carolina
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:98
I wanted to Congratulate Tom Fowler for receiving the "SEDiv True Sportsman Award"

.. The award is presented to the SCCA member who consistently demonstrates exceptional driving skill ( even with gum on his glove),integrity in all aspects of the sport,respect for SCCA and the rules of the organization, who represents truth and fairness in all areas of competition, who inspires camaraderie among drivers, and who has consistently shown a genuine willingness to help other drivers acquire knowledge and to achieve optimum driving performance.

Way to go Tom......you have always been there when I needed your help and I cannot think of anyone that would be more deserving....

I also would like to congratulate Danny Steyn for receiving the SEDiv Driver of the Year. He was really surprised and was a gracious recipient.....
  • JBlaisdell, Gatoratty, Glenn and 4 others like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Congrats Tom and Danny!!!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14
Two very deserving Dudes, congrats. :yep: :thumbsup:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve D

Steve D

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:30
Congrats guys!! I'm proud to share an occasional PB&J sandwich with ya.

Steve DeVinney
Retired mediocre driver

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

CruzanTom

CruzanTom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Region:Southeast
  • Car Number:44

I wanted to Congratulate Tom Fowler for receiving the "SEDiv True Sportsman Award"

.. The award is presented to the SCCA member who consistently demonstrates exceptional driving skill ( even with gum on his glove),integrity in all aspects of the sport,respect for SCCA and the rules of the organization, who represents truth and fairness in all areas of competition, who inspires camaraderie among drivers, and who has consistently shown a genuine willingness to help other drivers acquire knowledge and to achieve optimum driving performance.

Way to go Tom......you have always been there when I needed your help and I cannot think of anyone that would be more deserving....

I also would like to congratulate Danny Steyn for receiving the SEDiv National Driver of the Year. He was really surprised and was a gracious recipient.....

+1,000 :clap: :cheers: :cheering:

Tom Hart

#44 SM and T-4

2014 SC Driver of the Year

2015 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

2016 SE Championship Series Spec Miata Champion

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53
I was convention Chairman and part of my job is too make sure award winners attend. So, I got Danny to make sure Tom attended and Tom to make sure Danny attended. In other words, I set them both up! Just loved that look when each came to accept their awards.

Both made excellent acceptance speeches and got a great round of applause from the 250 people there.

A slight correction. Danny was awarded SEDiv Driver of the Year for his Championship in the National series and his championship in the Endurance race series(ECR). Quite a feat since the races never occur on the same weekend.

We will have a link on www.sedivracing.org for acceptance photos. SCCA CEO Jeff Dahnert presented both awards at last nights banquet at the Oceanside Inn & Suites on Jekyll Island.

PS Hotshoe, my buddy Ricky Thompson, was also presented awards for winning the 2011 SARRC Championship in ITR and for finishing 2nd in SM also in the SARRC Championship.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats to Tom and Danny
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
Congratulations! Well deserved indeed. :toast:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bill

Bill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:ccr
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:89
Congradulations Tom and thanks for the help you have given me at the track.

Bill Cullen

PanicPadawan

PanicPadawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:SCR
Congratulations to Tom, Danny, and Ricky! I still have not heard the answer to how one removes bubble gum from suede steering wheels…
Jonathan

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Two VERY surpised individuals at the banquet!!!

Posted Image

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Congrats to you too Ricky!!!

When he walked up to collect his jacket, Jim Creighton joked that Ricky had to build another closet just to hang his collection of jackets. Another smart alec at Ricky's table shouted..... "and we're wondering when he's gonna come out of the closet!" .... too funny!!!!! :D

PS - missed you Andrew - not the same without you causing havoc. Think Creighton missed you too!!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Gatoratty

Gatoratty

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:3
Congrats to Tom and Danny! Well deserved.

(null)
Paul McLester
SM #3
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
The two happy winners, they even have on Jackets!

Posted Image

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72
I just can not get over the fact that Fowler won an award for integrity. Must be something he learned from Tracy !!!!

Tom and Danny are both class acts who deserve these awards.

WAY TO GO ADVANCED AUTOSPORTS SOUTH

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason Owenby

Jason Owenby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:55
  • Car Number:35
Congrats to Tom Danny and Rickey T
See you guys at the track soon!!!

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I just can not get over the fact that Fowler won an award for integrity. Must be something he learned from Tracy !!!!

Tom and Danny are both class acts who deserve these awards.

WAY TO GO ADVANCED AUTOSPORTS SOUTH

Dave

Thats MEATHEAD south...........

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
Congratulations to all.
Ademir and Elivan
Donor - Made PayPal donation

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72

Thats MEATHEAD south...........

NO, Meathead is Advanced East

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
ok I will get on the kiss ass award train graet job tom fowler

danny you suck ooops did i say that
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users