Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Thunderhill emailed me today with the list of "Friday Test Days" and there happens to be one on the Friday before the Art of Road Racing Clinic. This makes a chance for a 3 day weekend at Thunderhill. B)

Open Testing on the 28th-$199
Hooked on Driving on the 29th-$285
Art of Road Racing on the 30th-Pretty sure its booked?

Will anyone partake in these days before the 30th?
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Last I heard the "OPEN" group still had room on the 30th. Should be a good early season opportunity for SMers and other racer to get some time in.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I agree with this being an awesome opportunity for tons of track time. I think it would be perfect for me to dial in myself and hopefully get a little closer to the front.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Number:88
I'm going to be there on the 29th. I've never driven T-hill before so I need to figure out which way the track goes before the real fun starts Sunday.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Ok sounds good.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco

I'm going to be there on the 29th. I've never driven T-hill before so I need to figure out which way the track goes before the real fun starts Sunday.

No braking in 8, flat out when you get good. It kills all your speed uphill to 9.
Watch all the youtube videos, etc. you can, to get your line.
Good luck.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34
Hey Guys,

Here's the status at the moment:

28th -- Wide open Thunderhill test day for licensed racers. They will not sell out.

29th -- HOD D race prepared group is sold out. You might consider running C group.

30th -- Art of Road racing. Non-instruction C group for race prepared cars still has space. Tell your friends! The instruction groups are sold out.

Keith, glad to see you will be there on the 29th to sort out the track. Lots of good videos posted. Mine are here:

> http://www.vimeo.com...r1518347/videos

These will show you the line. Unfortunately I don't have any recent videos of Thunderhill posted with better lap times. The display you see in the videos is showing speed on the lower LED number. You might find that info helpful as a baseline.

If you are entered as a student, I watch out for Emails with important info. I sent one out today, and others will follow. I'll probably be getting there Saturday, although I don't intend to drive. See you then!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Anyone going to have a beacon out there? aim or hotlap?? I just bought a DLT1 and I would like to test it out. :unsure:

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
I'll bring my AIM beacon JIK.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users