Welcome

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests
10 Years ago specmiata.com was created using the most advanced flat-text based forum software available. Today we continue that tradition by presenting you with MazdaRacers.com, built using the latest database driven software suite available today! As the successor to Specmiata.com we are confident we have made the right choice.

Of course the biggest, most troubling, issue for some of you is the domain change from specmiata.com to mazdaracers.com. The reason is simple enough. Specmiata.com is just to many steps behind to successfully import the data. Add to that the 1000+ spammer accounts that have crept into the SM.com membership base and it just made more sense to go forward from a clean slate.

Mazdaracers.com allows us to expand our community to all Mazda Racers, which can only be a "Good Thang!"TM

How we invision this to work;

Forums
at Specmiata.com will be placed into archive mode, which will not allow new posts or edits. The archives will be maintained indefinitely for research and historical value.

Classifieds: Everyone will have the ability to post free classifieds for upto 90 days from "opening day" while credits wind down at specmiata.com. At some point classifieds.specmiata.com will be setup as a 301 redirect to www.mazdaracers.com/classifieds for search engines and visitors alike.

SMugshots photos can be imported manually by me. If you have a photo gallery at SMugshots that you wish to have imported please use the Support Contact form http://www.mazdarace...&module=clients. Be sure to include your SMugshots user name and email address so I grab the right photos.

Awards: We have taken the donation, series champ and verified driver icons to a whole new level. As you are signing up here we will make every effort to update your account based on the info we have at specmiata.com, but we will probably miss some of you. In that case, again visit hte client area and use the support request link to let us know.

There are so many new and exciting options available that I cannot possibly cover them all in a single post. So just start clicking on stuff and tell us what you think! Here's to another decade of Spec Miata and Mazda Racing!

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
Test of the Apple app for the forum from 37k feet outside Salt Lake on the plane's wi-fi.

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

GRM Tom

GRM Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This looks great, Jim. Thanks for giving us Mazda lovers a new place to hang out on the internet!

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
You flying that plane Jim or riding in it?....

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

You flying that plane Jim or riding in it?....

I'm learning I have a new site lol, I can fly it but landing is where I'm rusty......

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

Sampson Racing Radios

Sampson Racing Radios

***Radio-Man***

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:So-Cal
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:2
Hey Jim - Happy Holidays!

Good to see the new site up and running... Just in time for me to add the PTE/E3 Miata up for Sale!
Shawn Sampson
Sampson Racing Communications
Mazda Miata PTE/E3

Toll Free 866-396-7231
www.SampsonRacing.com
www.RacingRadioWarehouse.com
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

I'm learning I have a new site lol, I can fly it but landing is where I'm rusty......

Jim, what kind of plane are we talking about...How long have you been flying...? I fly a A-36 pretty much in the four state area of Calif, Az, Colo and Utah. As you know, it is the best way to get around quickly.
I am new to SM's but it's nice to see so many enthusiasts.

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA
True North Equity Group

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts

Jim, what kind of plane are we talking about...How long have you been flying...? I fly a A-36 pretty much in the four state area of Calif, Az, Colo and Utah. As you know, it is the best way to get around quickly.
I am new to SM's but it's nice to see so many enthusiasts.

I have time in that, V tail?. Teri and I have owned a Dakota, Cherokee 6 and a 182RG. Right now we rent but our dream plane is a C410 twin. Albeit any new composite joy stick job will do.

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

I have time in that, V tail?. Teri and I have owned a Dakota, Cherokee 6 and a 182RG. Right now we rent but our dream plane is a C410 twin. Albeit any new composite joy stick job will do.

The V tail is dubbed the Doctor Killer. I chose to get the straight tail six seater. Cruises at 175 kts or 200 mph. Approach flaps with all the bells and whistles. On the radar is a PC12 Pilatus...maybe you can buy my A-36..? :)

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA
True North Equity Group

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD
Nice new look. Suggest adding the regional forums in some form...
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Andrew Warren

Andrew Warren

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:51
I'll be honest - the old site is VERY outdated.

This new one, however, is waaaaay far beyond any other forum I've been on. I've been messing around with new features for the past 30 minutes and i'm stunned at how well connected and thought out this website is! MAJOR props guys!

A) i like the facebook connect - lets be honest, everyone is on facebook.
B) i love the blog - i can finally put up my blog of my complete miata build with tons of pictures
C) i love the organized layout - specifically the download section and store. we should allow that to be open source so other members can post write-ups and tutorials of setup/installation techniques.
D) i'm still searching but i'm sure i'll find more....
Andrew Warren #51 SM NNJR Build Blog From Start 2 Finish
Posted Image

Sean Allen

Sean Allen

My title is unique

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Region:SFR
Hello.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?
Debating between using my facebook log in or creating a new one. Any thoughts on the pros and cons?

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

Debating between using my facebook log in or creating a new one. Any thoughts on the pros and cons?

If you create an account then login with facebook it will ask if you currently have an account and you can "meld" the two.

There are no cons I am ware of. I had to register with Facebook as a developer and are assigned secret API key codes before being allowed to access your Facebook Profile. Using Facebook will update your Status from Facebook and vice versa depending on how much or little you want the two to sync. I suggest everyone go through the plethora of Profile settings at least once.

There are some Facebook Features I have yet to take out of the box :)

Mike

Blake Anderson

Blake Anderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Number:# 96
the site looks great !! however i miss the white and blue colors.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Testing, testing 123,123, B)

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests

the site looks great !! however i miss the white and blue colors.

You can pick a different color scheme/ template from the Drop-Down menu located in the very bottom left hand corner. IP.Board is 100% Width, White / Blue / Green. Aero is Windows Vista / 7ish and Mobile is for Phones. Classic SM started out with me emulating specmiata.com but evolved into a dark skin.

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
See Pit Board.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Blake Anderson

Blake Anderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Car Number:# 96

You can pick a different color scheme/ template from the Drop-Down menu located in the very bottom left hand corner. IP.Board is 100% Width, White / Blue / Green. Aero is Windows Vista / 7ish and Mobile is for Phones. Classic SM started out with me emulating specmiata.com but evolved into a dark skin.

thats cool ! thanks

davecarama

davecarama

Instructor

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:63
LOVE the new forum... can't wait for people to migrate here. The action is a little slow ;)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users