Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Looks like it was a great weekend at VIR. I really need to get to that track. Congratulations To Steve Bertok on the Win in Sprint race and Team Tiley in ECR win. A special congratulations to Jeff Rothstein who took my 2011 Runoffs car to his best finish of a side by second in the ECR and ran at the front all weekend. Jeff also set a new track record at 218.4. Jeff has been working tirelessly to improve his skills and it all seems to be paying off. Glad my old car is still doing well, I miss it :)

Jim
  • Glenn likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:26
Great Weekend! Sunny with 30 degrees in the morning with low 60's in the afternoon. This was my first weekend on a familiar track with the Hoosier tires. What a difference. Great grip and good conditions for HP. Can't wait to go back.

Jeff was hard charging all weekend. One more lap in the ECR and he would have been by me. I was :prayer:

Ti-Speed gave me a great ride as usual and Dan drove great all weekend. Congrats to Panic Motorsports, Steve and Dillon for their wins as well as their support in our ECR win. :toast:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
Wow, that is wicked fast around VIR... well done.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
It was a great event! My first time at VIR and first race in the new car. What a place!
Track conditions were good but learned @T3 in the ECR that frost covered grass doesn't have quite the grip it does in July.

Congrats to Skip Brock for a fantastic drive to P2 on Saturday in his new drive. Put it in front of Tom!

Thanks to OPM for another weekend of gourmet support and cuisine.
And thanks Tom for building a world class car.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Congrats to Jeff Rothstein for the new track record!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Dan Tiley

Dan Tiley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:33
Wow... what a hoot this weekend. No question the Hoosiers are awesome. No shaving, great grip and a big truck at the track that says "Hoosier" on the side of it. It just makes sense for SM.

BIG thanks to Keith Andrews for letting me ride along in his ECR victory. Keith has picked up some serious skills in a very short time. Thanks for carrying the Ti-Speed torch proudly this weekend! Great run also by Ti-Speed drivers Nash Lawson and Alex Gaines as well, who diced back and forth for the lead with Keith and I until being shown the concrete wall in the straightaway by a lapper running in 39th place. My understanding is that driver was fined and given a 6 month suspension. Video was pretty compelling.

Good times with the Panic Motorsports guys. There aren't too many sports where your competitors actually help you out while the event is in progress! I knocked our toe out during my stint bumping a lapper ITB car at Oak Tree and Panic's Jonathan Black had tools for us ready to go when we pitted for our driver's change. We filled the tank, changed drivers and reset the front toe pretty leisurely with 30 seconds to spare during our pit stop. The Panic guys weren't too shabby on track either, with wins in both the SARRC and TCPS for Steve Bertok and Dillon Machavern! Great runs guys!

As always, great seeing (and racing with) all of the OPM crew as well... a class act from top to bottom. Skip's new ride looks like a piece of candy :) It's pretty dang fast too!

Looking forward to CMP!!!

--Dan

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Don't forget SM5 and STL. SM5 at a 2:14.3 - Greg Obadia, New Track Record and 2:16.1 (I think), David Jacobs for STL.

David Jacobs won both SM5 and STL SARRC Races. He also won STL in the ECR finishing second overall only to the Aston Martin. He beat the Lotus Exige and Audi R8.

Good to see all of my friends down south!
  • Glenn likes this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Race Engineering

Race Engineering

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Number:48
Congrats to all,what a great weekeng. My car broke on test day so i just had to watch the fun. Fast clean racing and great weather. Steve and Dillon had two big wins and a third from dead last, those guys can drive. See everyone at CMP, hopfully my car wont break. Ps.lots of new shiny fast cars were debuted with lots of success.

Chris Graham
Race Engineering - Championship Proven
(864) 542-4018 chris@raceengineering.org

zander35

zander35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone have a video of the incident at the start of the ECR race on 3/11/12 at VIR? Trying to figure out exactly what happened.

Thanks

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Yellow & Red, SRF, #47, spins and blocks track 150' past the apex. Grass is frosty. The rest is history.
Posted Image

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Muda - please tell me your nice new car escaped the melé!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
FWIW I think there was some sideways activity prior to turn 3 as well.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Muda - please tell me your nice new car escaped the melé!!!

I ran the ECR as a test session...stopped to review data & video after the first 30 min. Didn't push the start and made it through the weekend without a scratch.
Fowler got spun on the outside before the SRF did its thing, two cars off there to the right, some bumping and leaning as well, but the Ford blocking the track was the real problem.

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57
Is that a boob on your dash?!

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Yes, it is. Fowler's boob, actually. Put there to remind me, on my 4th new track in so many events, that handling a new track is no more difficult than handling a new set of boobs. Unfortunately, wasted on someone who has been married for 25 years. What's a new set of boobs?

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Put there to remind me, on my 4th new track in so many events, that handling a new track is no more difficult than handling a new set of boobs

Classic!

Danny

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Classic Aaron. :D

G.Obadia

G.Obadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Car Year:2008
  • Car Number:66 SM5
Just a quick correction:

New and first STL track record of 2:13.9 (in a SM5 runnning in STL) by Greg Obadia
New SM5 track record of 2:16.5 by David Jacobs
New SSM track record of 2:20.9 by Greg Obadia

Thanks ElginRacing and Meathead Racing
ElginRacing / Meathead Racing / Radial Tire Co / York Automotive

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Just a quick correction:

New and first STL track record of 2:13.9 (in a SM5 runnning in STL) by Greg Obadia
New SM5 track record of 2:16.5 by David Jacobs
New SSM track record of 2:20.9 by Greg Obadia

Thanks ElginRacing and Meathead Racing

But did you win? LOL!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mitch Reading

Mitch Reading

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:65
Way to wheel Greg, see you at the 12 hr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users