Glen McCready

Glen McCready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:NorCal/SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:4
Okay, either I'm a complete idiot, or these cameras are totally flakey. I get it set up, before the session I push the button on the front to select Video, then I press the button on top to Select/Start. The display shows the time counting up and the red light is blinking at me. After the session I push the Select/Stop button on top to finish the recording.

Repeat this throughout the day. At Laguna Seca a couple weeks ago I got the first two sessions, but only got 12s of the third, and 1m32s of the fourth. This past weekend at Infineon, I got the last 15s of the session as I rolled in to pit lane and then the time in the paddock before I turned the camera off. But absolutely none of the track time -- clearly I wasn't pressing buttons out on track so I've no idea why I only got the very very end of the session.

I've tried importing off the camera directly in to iMovie, which often fails. And I've tried copying the files off the camera to the Desktop and then importing from there which usually succeeds.

So... what am I doing wrong? Or is this camera just a POS?

For short test recordings it always seems to work outside of the car...

RacerX

RacerX

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:51
Sounds like your batteries are running out of energy. Are you charging the batteries between sessions?

Glen McCready

Glen McCready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
I haven't been. But the camera hasn't be complaining. It flaked on the first session of the day on Saturday... it was fully charged leaving the hotel...

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I have a go pro, first you can set it up for a one button start which makes the process a bit simple. Also on your failure to record, make sure that the SD card inside is not locked. if it is it will not let data in or out. That is likley your problem. I like the go pro but its menu is a PITA to get used to.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Glen McCready

Glen McCready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
The answer is I'm a complete idiot. I rummaged through the SD card itself and the videos are there -- but iMovie won't import them off the camera. I'll futz with it now that I have the videos on my desktop and see if I can get iMovie working.

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I have a go pro, first you can set it up for a one button start which makes the process a bit simple.

Frank.
I just got mine and I'd love the Cliff notes on this wonderful sounding process!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year