Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
The 2012 edition of Ohio Valley Region's Improved Touring-Spec Miata Shootout is open for registration at www.motorsportreg.com . The Grand Am and Shootout race weekend at Mid-Ohio is scheduled for June 8-10, 2012. In addition to enjoying the Grand Am Rolex Prototypes and GT's, there will be Playboy MX-5, Continental Tire GS and ST, and of course a lot of Improved Touring and Spec Miatas. Invited for the IT-SM Shootout are ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, ITR, ITS, and SM. The group is limited to 66 cars. This event is also one of the GLD Champ Series events this year and can gain you RCS Points. Entry is only $250 for what I count up to be 2-3/4 hours of track time. Friday - June 8 30-Minute Practice/Qual Saturday - June 9 30-Minute Race 1 Sunday - June 10 30-Minute Qual 30-Minute Race 2 45-Minute Champ Race Last year we were able to show the spectators and Stewards the good clean fun of grassroots Club Racing. Maybe we can do it again. Don't procrastinate on this one!

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Just an update with about 6 weeks to go before the Grand Am event. There are 21 registered, and of those, 11 are SM's. With the number of out-of-divisioner's entering, I expect this to fill up to the 66 car limit.

Jerry Cabe

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
... wish I had a car!

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I can hook you up with some of the nearby, Arrive-n-Drive SM'ers.

Jerry Cabe

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
If you want to rent a car, let me know I have a very nice 99 for rent!

It looks like from the list of entry names, that there is a NASA race that weekend at Mid Ohio...

I sure Hope my car is still ready after the Dbl National the weekend prior, this is one of the funnest weekends on the calendar!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Just an update with about 6 weeks to go before the Grand Am event. There are 21 registered, and of those, 11 are SM's. With the number of out-of-divisioner's entering, I expect this to fill up to the 66 car limit.

Jerry do you know if the qualifying sessions are by time or finishing position?

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
You guys saw what Carter did to his baby!, imagine what he woul do to your rental!
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Phil Mather

Phil Mather

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Detroit
I've just signed up to run with the Skip Barber MAZDASPEED PRO Challenge that weekend. See you there, Jerry!

Nsparks

Nsparks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:#12
I will be there, In SM's older brother class MX-5 Cup! :)
  • dstevens likes this

Nate Sparks 

2016 Global Mazda Invitational Champion

2016 MX-5 Cup Champion

2011 NASA SM National Champion
2010 13 Hour Winner
2009-2011 TMC East Coast Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Jerry do you know if the qualifying sessions are by time or finishing position?

Un-Official

The Friday session is Qual for Race #1 on Saturday.
The first session on Sunday is Qual for Race #2 on Sunday.
The Championship Race on Sunday (Race #3) is gridded by the average of your finishing positions in Races #1 and #2.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

I've just signed up to run with the Skip Barber MAZDASPEED PRO Challenge that weekend. See you there, Jerry!

Great! Maybe you can give me some tips; you know I need them.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

... wish I had a car!

Kent,

Kyle Webb is one of the locals I was referring to that might have an SM available. BTW, Kyle doesn't look anything like his avitar.

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
There is an effort under way to see if we can obtain permission from Mid-Ohio to allow SM's that run in the OVR/Cincy Double National (June 1-3) to be able to leave their vehicles at the track if they are participating in the IT/SM Shootout (June 8-10).

Jerry Cabe

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Kent,

Kyle Webb is one of the locals I was referring to that might have an SM available. BTW, Kyle doesn't look anything like his avitar.

LOL, Few people in the world look as good as my Avatar LOL

And to the previous comment as to what Kent did to his car... Kent just drove the wheels off it, he is welcome to rent from me anytime, what happened to Kent was nothing of his own doing, and was most unfortunate!

I am trying to get a Pro Driver to join us on the track in my Rental Car, for this weekend race... That is if someone doesnt rent it before I can make that happen!

K. Webb