wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20
For those of you who have raced in the Midiv....... We have lost a lady who has helped make possible what we do. Gini Ragan passed away on Saturday. Gini was, most recently, the RE for the KC Region of SCCA. She was also the timing and scoring person who kept everything working at Heartland Park and other tracks in the Midiv. She also edited the KCRegion "Checkpoint" news monthly. I know I cannot list all of her contributions to our sport, but I can list a few.

She served the KC region for decades, as a member of the Board and as our representative on the Kaw Valley Race Group. When the PDX guys at Heartland Park wanted to see their times, Gini provided. She made a special effort to hand the chief instructor the times, even though the PDX cars didn't have transponders, their number were illegible and the rules said that the PDX was not a timed event. Every one of the drivers thanked her. Not in person, of course, but through their instructors.

I talked to her at the last KCR meeting, when I left the CRB meeting early to vote for our new RE and watch as Gini became the "Past RE". At that time she talked to me about the thrill of walking up to the stage, at the national convention, to receive the award for region's Checkpoint & web site. She also was very proud of her service as our RE. With good cause.

We, in the KCR..... We in the Midv..... and we in the SCCA will miss her.

Our thoughts go out to Kenny Ragan, her husband of 50 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users