pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
Anyone know if it is possible to set the MXL Pista up to read fuel levels? My Mazda gauge no longer works, and hate being in the dark about how much fuel is on board.

thanks

Pat Slattery

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

JayF

JayF

SM Racer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Region:North East
  • Car Year:1996

Anyone know if it is possible to set the MXL Pista up to read fuel levels? My Mazda gauge no longer works, and hate being in the dark about how much fuel is on board.

thanks

Pat Slattery

All you need is this to convert the factory signal to something the aim can read.

http://www.ironcanyo...e4e8536e1eea303
-- Jay --
96 Spec Miata - Build in progress
North East SCCA

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:72
The iron canyon system works well. But it does not come with any instructions. You will have to program it as a custom gauge. We got ours to only read the voltage signal, then created a cheat sheet on what voltage is how many gallons. If some body got theirs to read gallons or percentage, I woul dlike to learn how you did it.

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DaTaAcQ

DaTaAcQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:SoCal
  • Car Year:2007
  • Car Number:8

The iron canyon system works well. But it does not come with any instructions. You will have to program it as a custom gauge. We got ours to only read the voltage signal, then created a cheat sheet on what voltage is how many gallons. If some body got theirs to read gallons or percentage, I woul dlike to learn how you did it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you're able to read voltage on the MXL dash, then you should be able to convert that voltage into a custom sensor reference in the RaceStudio 2 (RS2) software and correlate these voltages to actual fuel percentage numbers. Open RS2, click on "Custom sensor manager," create a new curve by selecting "Percentage" for "Type of measure," set your two or three data points (i.e. 0mV = 0%, 2500mV = 50%, 5000mV = 100%), name the sensor, and save it--that should be it. The custom sensor curve will then show up as a possible "Sensor type" under the "Channels" tab in RS2. Let me know if you have any questions.

Josh Hanrahan
Technical Service

AiM Sports LLC
31889 Corydon Street, Suite 130
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Toll Free: 800.718.9090
Tel: 951.674.9090
www.aimsports.com

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac
Dave,

You should have received a cd with the instructions and some sample sensor definitions that show how to change the output to gallons (or fractions of). Let me know if you need a copy and I'll get it out.

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Dave,

You should have received a cd with the instructions and some sample sensor definitions that show how to change the output to gallons (or fractions of). Let me know if you need a copy and I'll get it out.

Mark

Mark,

I just received mine a few weeks ago as well without any directions. I'd like to compare your definitions to the custom sensor I created by adding gas to the car a gallon at a time and recording the voltage.

Duncan Ellis,
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac
Rats, Thats two that snuck out without the cd. Duncan - shoot me a pm with your email address and I'll get it out to you.

Mark

Mark,

I just received mine a few weeks ago as well without any directions. I'd like to compare your definitions to the custom sensor I created by adding gas to the car a gallon at a time and recording the voltage.

Duncan Ellis,

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Rats, Thats two that snuck out without the cd. Duncan - shoot me a pm with your email address and I'll get it out to you.

Mark

Mark,

Got your email with the instructions. Thanks.

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Good to see Josh from AIM lurking here. :thumbsup:

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

For those using the ICM sensor, where are you taping into the stock wiring?  At the plug behind the dash or somewhere else?  Anyone recall which wire to connect the yellow ICM wire to?

TylerQuance

TylerQuance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:92
Yes, behind dash

https://www.miatafor...ng-diagram-341/

Tyler Quance 

Race Bushing Factory