Photo

What group to pick when registering for SM Race with NASA Norcal?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63
Guys,
I'm going to race with Nasa Norcal at Sears Point in June for the 1st time with them.
I'm looking at the sign-up page and I don't see "SM" in the drop-down when registering for the Race?
So, which one to pick?
Thanks!
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
I think the reason there is no Spec Miata or Spec E30 is because there is a Buttonwillow event that following weekend and they are calling it the "California Crown" and obviously trying to get people to go. You can run PTE though...
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

I think the reason there is no Spec Miata or Spec E30 is because there is a Buttonwillow event that following weekend and they are calling it the "California Crown" and obviously trying to get people to go. You can run PTE though...

I see... So I shouldn't expect a big field of SM then? Do you know?
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
Its going to be tough to have much of a SM field with no SM group.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
So much for doing our first NASA weekend :uhwhat:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:27
Hi Charlie,
Where do you find the California Crown info? I don't see it on NorCal or SoCal NASA home page, or in either registration page. If there's really no SM at Infineon in June that's a pretty big deal, I'd expect some announcement. Dean do you have any info about this?
Dennis

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88
Here's BW the weekend after.
https://www.nasapror....com/event/1433
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

So much for doing our first NASA weekend :uhwhat:

Yeah, I know.... I'll go anyway (in PTE) but would have loved to actually race SM....

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Guys,
I'm going to race with Nasa Norcal at Sears Point in June for the 1st time with them.
I'm looking at the sign-up page and I don't see "SM" in the drop-down when registering for the Race?
So, which one to pick?
Thanks!

Sorry, have to ask...
1st time to...
NASA?
Infineon?
SM?
Racing?
J~
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Sorry, have to ask...
1st time to...
NASA?
Infineon?
SM?
Racing?
J~

Hehe, yes my first post wasn't really clear.

First time NASA.
7 years of Infineon
2 years of SM Racing
;)

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Hehe, yes my first post wasn't really clear.

First time NASA.
7 years of Infineon
2 years of SM Racing
;)

Cool.
J~

Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Well, I was planning on doing this event, but now I'm going to see if I can switch weekends and make it to Button Willow instead. I've never been there so it should be interesting. (read: embarrassing)

Duncan
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
I enjoy buttonwillow a lot. The heat and location is the worst part. Tons of bumps and very technical making it hard to be comfortable. :)
  • Alberto likes this

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
I'll pass on Buttonwillow. This better not be for points in Norcal. Seems like we always loss a race at Infineon. Last year it was to PRC in September. Wish this had been made more widely know before now.

oh well.
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
I'll be at Buttonwillow at the end of June running the Lemons so don't wan't to do the trip twice on back-to-back WE.
And I blocked my 16-17 a while ago... It's a bummer there will be no SM but still hope to find a few drivers to battle with...

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been absent, but my day job has me travelling non-stop these days. Writing this from Nashville!

We're not racing at Infineon in June. Instead, we're taking our show on the road to the SoCal Buttonwillow event on June 23rd/24th. Here's the link so you can enter:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1480

You'll get NorCal points for this event.

More later,

Dean

Former driver

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Car Year:1991
Nah. I'm out for June. Have fun in Bakersfield.
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Your killing us Dean...only weekend we had blocked out to give NASA a go. Hope you guys get the numbers down south. Spoke to 5 different SCCA regulars that were planning on this...bummer :(

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dtfastbear

dtfastbear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Sorry it's not going to work for you guys. I'll take responsibility for not making this more widely known earlier. I'm really sorry if it's causing inconvenience for anyone who was planning on the Infineon event. I heard something about this way back when the schedule was being formed, but it was an oversight by several of us not to publicize it and/or put it clearly on the NorCal schedule on the website. Sorry. :(

Honestly, I wish we'd do more crossover events. Buttonwillow is a great, technical track with both low and high speed sections. It's a shame that so many SoCal guys come North but we rarely go South. I hope a bunch of you will make the trek!

Cheers,

Dean

Former driver

ToddW

ToddW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:67
:fuming: ....Nothing against Buttonwillow.Raced there many times, just the time commit for the tow to Infineon better meets my needs.
>>>We're not racing at Infineon in June. Instead, we're taking our show on the road to the SoCal Buttonwillow event on June 23rd/24th

I guess we will just have to turn PTE into a SM race... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users