• Car Number:22
Qualifying:
Ferranti
Farrel
Corley
Ross
Gabriel
McSpadden

Track was slow because of a big headwind down the front straight. If you didn't have a drafting partner you were .5 seconds off pace. McSpadden didn't have a partner and bent a wheel early from some debris kicked up onto the course. I had nobody to draft so I was the rabbit everyone in the top 5 used to chase down.

Race was good early with lots passes and repasses. About 4 laps in a 4 car breakaway developed with Ferranti leading with McSpadden, Corley, and Ross. About 8 laps in McSpadden had cooling problems and his engine started pulling timing allowing Corley and Ross to pass on the front straightaway. Ross got by Corley shortly afterwords and tagged onto Ferranti and the two them pulled out a good lead at about 12 lap mark. Ross and Ferrnati stayed locked until 2 laps to go when Ross tried a pass on the front straight but was unable to complete the pass befor turn into to 1, he backed off and tried to over under into 2 and had a good run but they rubbed upsetting both cars and Ross had to tuck back in. This allowed Mcdpadden to close the gap. As Ferranit and Ross reached turn 8 a lapper slowed both and McSpadden closed the rest of the gap. All three went by the start finish line nose to tail with one to go. McSpadden peaked inside at 3 and Ross defended, this slowed Ross and McSpadden peaked again and 4 causing a bobble by Ross and he pushed wide at the exit of 4 and dropped two wheels off. McSpadden drove by and then put pressure on Ferranti for remainer of the lap but Ferranti held up and pulled out the win. I believe it was Taylor's first win, Congratulations!!!
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congrats Taylor! You were due
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
Sunday Qual 47 participants !!!!!

McSpadden 2:01.780
Ferranti 2:01.801
Ross 2:01.893
Polland 2:02.232
Durate 2:02.483
Udell 2:02.781
Gabriel 2:02.821
Ferrel 2:02.841
Collings 2:02.848
Kelleher 2:.02.858

As you can see tight grouping in the top ten. three went out together and managed to hang together to fill up most of the two front rows.

Race details to follow. I'm beat it was 90 degrees and my cool shirt would not work.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
Don't have time for race reports, burried at work. Quick look at the other thread prompted me to post about SM parity.

In Sunday's first race we had 3 versions of the SM all battling for the lead (NA 1.6, NA 1.8 and 99). All had their strengths and weaknesses in different parts of the track but overall no car appeared to have a clear advantage over any other. In my opinion the CRB in SCCA and the powers that be in NASA have got it as close as it will get with these cars. Huge thank you to those of you responsible.

Taylor, Aaron, Alec and I had a blast going at each other on the track, not to mention there were 43 other SM's out there with us.
  • Gary Norris likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TWS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users