3. Clements 1:39.838
4. Drago 1:39.910
5. Haldeman 1:40.027
6. Ross 1:40.071
7. Bickham 1:40.205
8. Wisler 1:40.257
9. Reynolds 1:40.322
10. Mcspadden 1:40.751
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32
Awesome quali from my buddy York! As best as I could tell from Race Monitor, Craig Berry took the win (third in a row?). Do I have the win right?

My engine started to eat itself from inside yesterday at last practice and that was that. Took it home and punished it. Might have overreacted.

Hope you guy have a great race day tomorrow!

cnj
  • James York and CruzanTom like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Berry by half a track.
Drago
Reynolds
Ross
York

York went too deep into first brake and had to gather it up of line. Berry took the lead, Drago slotted to second followed by Haldeman, Ross... Reynolds and York were in chase mode. Haldeman and Ross started the attack on Drago but he made his car wide and fed the two Phillips Race Prep teammates back to York and Reynolds. The battle for third allowed Drago to pull a comfortable gap and coast. Haldeman lost brakes about 8 laps into the 19 lap race and fell back until he was forced to retire. York, Reynolds and Ross swapped positions for the rest of the race with Reynolds taking the following podium spot by about 1 foot according to spectators.
  • Scott likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
Congrat to Craig for the win. He is on a roll and his car is running well right now.

I outbraked myself going into the infield after I looked in the mirror for a second when I heard screaching tires behind. That put me back to somewhere around 12th by the time I got it going the right way.

When caugtht the above group, like Ross mentioned, it was back and forth lap after lap. Close and exciting racing, but no catching Drago or even getting close to Craig.

Starting grid for tomorrow morning qualifying race is based on fastest race times. I don't have my sheet handy, but If I remember:

Berry
York
Reynold
Drago
Ross? (i think)

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Since I'm switching cars I'm going to be in attack mode! You guys better watch your mirrors hhhoooaaaahhahahaha!!!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40

Awesome quali from my buddy York! As best as I could tell from Race Monitor, Craig Berry took the win (third in a row?). Do I have the win right?

My engine started to eat itself from inside yesterday at last practice and that was that. Took it home and punished it. Might have overreacted.

Hope you guy have a great race day tomorrow!

cnj

That's going to hurt the re-sale value. (Guess I'll keep looking for a possible 99)

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
1.Berry by a 1/2 of a track.
2. McSpadden
3. Drago
4. Ross
5. York
6. Reynolds
7. Haldeman

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
4 wins in a row for Craig. Quite exceptional! Good showing fro Drago who has never been to the track before.

cnj

ps. Toby - yeah the resale value is a little compromised, but now we get to redo the drive way as well....
  • Jim Drago likes this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Congrats Craig on the double win. JD, nice to see you back on the podium, know how frustrating its been for you this year so far. James awesome Q1 session.

Gotta love the the SM class - top 10 in qualifying just a touch over 1 second spread.
  • Caveman-kwebb99 and Jim Drago like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
A little video of yesterday's race. Ignore the title block. We were at TMS not TWS, I guess midnight after a 5.5 hour drive home is not the time to do your editing.

Also watch for the Mario Kart moment.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Congratulations to Craig. He is really on a tear. He is driving well and the car is spot on and fast.

I had a pretty good weekend, unless you count the damage done to my car by cones and pylons? I hit a pylon intentionally on Sunday mornings qualifying race concerned Chris and I wouldn't make it through ( we would have :( ) and never thought it would do anything other than a mark that would rub off. Well I hit it just inside right headlight.. it took out my $350 :) , the cover and put a watermelon size dent in my hood . and not sure how, but shattered the drivers side head light lens. On Sunday's after noon race a cone got shot up in the air and I hit it at 90 or so and it took out my left fender :( so no contact with cars, but the "drivers safety devices" sure did a number on my car! :(

I think James York set a new track record if qualifying races count?

As far as my races go, Saturday I still wasn't 100% on the track, but was fortunate to get away from the pack and run most of the race all alone in second as Craig was checked out. The guys behind seemed content to race for third ( Thank you ) :) and my handling was off, so glad it worked out that way. Matt finished third and i don't think he had a top five car, definitely one of the more talented guys I race with.

On Sunday, the start was again a little crazy, Matt got very side ways in four ( maybe it is three? the right hander). I had to drive around the outside in the grass not to hit him, from there I knew I was racing for second at best. I was shuffled back to 6-7th, managed to come through to third pretty quickly. I couldn't get around Aaron so easily and figured it made more sense pushing him to race for second later instead of falling back and perhaps end up racing for 5th. We worked well together and separated from the pack, but couldn't catch Craig, Craig actually continued increasing the gap. I must admit, I felt I could pass Aaron when I needed to.. The only problem was no one told Aaron :( I drafted past both Ross and Aaron at one time in the race and both were able to come back and pass me before turn one, pretty convincingly. I was worried that the car was getting soft, it dynoed better than when I left this morning, so best guess is that big hole created by the cone where my headlight used to be really slowed me down. I was at 210 degrees behind Aaron, but I dynoed to 215 this am and HP drop off was negligible.. Maybe something is dragging, a little work to do anyway on sheet metal :) so we will take a look. And Ross.. It wasn't the special grease alone, it was the special set up and the drafting technique I used ( yes I know there was no one in front of me ) :cheering:

Lastly, thanks for the hospitality, racing with the SW guys is always fun, very deep fields on talent for sure. I guess I am officially a drifter as very few race in Mid div now, so I roam from SE to SW, the two toughest IMO. Thanks to Craig and Jim Berry and Robert Lloyd for all your help this weekend and for your friendships. Craig, two great weekends in a row. Time to put that car on ice until September, this is your year!

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
not sure how, but shattered the drivers side head light lens.

Jim,

I was behind you when that exploded, it was a cone in the infield chicane, it came off you and went into my bumber cover and put a huge dent in it. And no it was not the same one that took out my windshield in the afternoon race. I think the "drivers safety devices" did a majority of the damage to the cars this weekend. If my 350 was on it would have been lost also.

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Gotta love the sling shot move from behind the solstice. Yee ha!
  • tferranti likes this
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I wonder who that solstice was racing? It looked like he was racing us both days :( Never really understood that.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91
One of the many reasons I don't race at TMS is that silly chicane. It has always been dangerous and troublesome.

It looked online like the field was quite small. Is this true?
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
Yes, about 18 cars I think.

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas
Not sure if this will work but here's a view from the back. Did a very wide angle to take a look at how much work I was doing on the wheel. Car wouldn't turn right, and when if finally did, the back end would come out. Retired after I lost third gear. I'm sure zinging it a few times going into the infield didn't help. I'm not above taking drving advice if anyone has something to offer.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Number:29
Wow....this has been one of those rare seasons. I have been racing something most of my life since I was 9, and I know in the competitive classes, just how hard it is...everything has to be perfect, and then you need a lot of luck. Thank you Jim Drago for a really fast car.... also I feel Jim makes set up changes at the track better than anyone I have ever been around. Thanks to Robert LLoyd for so much work and support....I feel that our tire testing in Nov and Dec is really paying off now.(LOVE HOOSIERS). Thanks to all my family and friends who came our to TMS for the race.
It is really cool to know with confidence that some of the guys we race with are REALLY good race car drivers, and could compete at a high level in any sports car series. There are many to name, but Todd B, Drago, Reynolds, Blake C, Andrew Von C, Sandlin, and several others are incredible drivers. Racing with these guys makes it alot more fun and rewarding.
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Not sure if this will work but here's a view from the back. Did a very wide angle to take a look at how much work I was doing on the wheel. Car wouldn't turn right, and when if finally did, the back end would come out. Retired after I lost third gear. I'm sure zinging it a few times going into the infield didn't help. I'm not above taking drving advice if anyone has something to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBnDtcTBN4&feature=youtu.be

There are two peices of advice I would give you, neither are driving advice but will help your driving. Get any of those guys down there behind the wheel of your car on a test day, with your data system on and have them give you feedback as to what they think of the cars handling, vs. your input. Secondly if you want to cut through a few years of learning, hire a good coach to work with you for 2-3 days, I hired a coach last year and it was unbelievable what I learned in those 3 days. I still have lots to learn, and have used my coach on two seperate occasions since. Todd Lamb is my coach in case, you were curious., and he is for hire, and he is damn good at coaching, as well as driving. No matter what you do I have confidence you will improve, yours in not a case of just not wanting to go fast, I can see you like to get that gas pedal to the floor, if you could learn setup, and cary more speed in the corners you could be very good, stay at it and dont get discouraged! :)

K. Webb