• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Hi all

Sitting in the airport lounge going through the latest MRF threads

While there has been a lot of entertainment for all in the past few weeks, I can't help but think we might be turning off a whole bunch of racers that might want to get their feet wet in this class.

Some of the threads have really taken a turn, and not in a good way.

This forum , and all the threads and posts will live on long after the fun has gone.

Is this the legacy we want to leave behind to encourage others to our class? Spec Miata, like all classes, needs new blood to succeed, so let's see what we can do to encourage new drivers to our class.

I don't mind if this post puts me in the bullseye for some, but seriously guys, let's move on and present our class as a welcoming place to race.

Thanks

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
I think it's just a Florida thing. :hatchet:
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Hi all

Sitting in the airport lounge going through the latest MRF threads

While there has been a lot of entertainment for all in the past few weeks, I can't help but think we might be turning off a whole bunch of racers that might want to get their feet wet in this class.

Some of the threads have really taken a turn, and not in a good way.

This forum , and all the threads and posts will live on long after the fun has gone.

Is this the legacy we want to leave behind to encourage others to our class? Spec Miata, like all classes, needs new blood to succeed, so let's see what we can do to encourage new drivers to our class.

I don't mind if this post puts me in the bullseye for some, but seriously guys, let's move on and present our class as a welcoming place to race.

Thanks

hi danny then take a stand for the class be a voice not someone who hides when is the last time you fought for the class

all i here is that you are trying to develop more speed and less driving in my opinion i think you hideing from some real truths they need to be quailed I dont get you sometimes you call for fairness but i dont see the light . how many motors did you change this year for more horse power im still on my one motor im tierd of your fence thinking or your own self motivation if im out of line might be so

but you are one who pushes the gray area of racing i still dont use a 7500 rev limiter DO YOU do you want too answer im sure the class would want too listen to your words just asking i will take your answwer in this open forum that you created.
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

I think it's just a Florida thing. :hatchet:

keith the hardest tropy to win is in the south east your dam right it is a florida thing I hate cheaters I will drive on my ability I AM IN A SPEC CLASS.
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
FORUM DECOROM FREEDOM OF DAM SPEECH MAYBE THE LAYWER may have some talking points here not sure

as much as i do not want to admit. I want fair and i dont want a father preaching about his 14 yer old on how he beat to nat running guys with a cheated up car do you get it danny

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
BLAME ERNIE FRANCIS FOR TAKING DOWN MIATAS NOE ME AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS ASKING FOR A DAM SORRY

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
DANNY DID YOU READ THIS THIS IS THE START
It was great meeting you guys at Daytona too. The race was awesome and glad we got to race the Mazda 2 the weekend before at FARA for over 4 hrs for some seat time in the rain. Most all the racers there were great except a couple that should stick to rear wheel drive miatas or get more practice time in a front wheel drive car especially in the rain. The mini cars were fast on the straight but we had them in the braking and exit speed. Our big advantage is we got a lot of practice the weekend before. I'm glad I went to Mazda instead of the Ford. The Ford drivers need to read the book the art of racing in the rain. They brake way too early. We will be in NJ for the next race in a few weeks.

Mazda Rules.

Ernie Francis
2012 Grand Am Season Opener Sportman Series Winner

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:97
:offtopic:
Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Dan Cooper

Dan Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Region:33 - San Francisco
  • Car Number:40 ;-)
:offtopic:
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Oh Boy....

K. Webb