MazdaSteve

MazdaSteve

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:CCR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:04
Where is the best bang for the buck in the SEDIV in 2011? SARRC, Pro-IT, CCPS, ECR? I don't have the time, the coin or the skills to be competitive in Nationals. I'll be running the RE powered 1.6 until I can get the '99 finished.
Seneca Motorsports

davearm

davearm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:66
Good question. I am looking to do some SEDIV as well as some NASA. I am always a little confused with all the different options (CCPS,ECR,SARRC), am not sure where I can get the most seat time for the money. I am also a mid-pack ( if I am doing everything right that day), 1.6, slightly tired RE car.

Thanks,

Dave

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Great question guys, here a few of weekends that will give you lots of bang for the buck:

Mar 12/13 @ VIR: CCPS and ECR
Mar 18-20 @ RA: 45 minute PRO-IT and ECR race is on tap
May 28/29 @ Kershaw: SARRCx2, CCPSx2
July 4th Double @ Roebling: 2 SARRC + 2 ECR's
July 16/17 @ Road Atlanta: 2 SARRC, ECR and Pro-IT
Oct 22/23 @ VIR: 2012 SARRC, ECR and CCPS
Oct 28/29 @ VIR: 13 hours
Nov 4-6 @ Road Atlanta: ARRC (20 lap race), Pro-IT and ECR

Pro-IT's I think will be 45 minutes again, CCPS I think is 45 minutes and ECR's are typically 90. That being said take a gander of the schedule over at sedivracing.org and see what you can fit it. Lots of opportunities for track time. Also be aware many events will have a Friday test day typically at a pretty good price for the track time you get.
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Daniels - FIG

Jim Daniels - FIG

Site Founder

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
  • Region:Mid-South
  • Car Year:1989
  • Car Number:Any
Can never beat going for the most seat time in a given weekend!

"Never Stop Challenging"

Jim Daniels

Auto Sports Consulting / Coaching

My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda  - World Challenge Participant in a Mazda Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Grand-Am Competitor - Grand-Am Competitor in a Mazda  (can be GT, and ST)

SpecRacer85

SpecRacer85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Detroit - 10
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:85

Where is the best bang for the buck in the SEDIV in 2011? SARRC, Pro-IT, CCPS, ECR? I don't have the time, the coin or the skills to be competitive in Nationals. I'll be running the RE powered 1.6 until I can get the '99 finished.

I like CMP (Kershaw, SC) since I live close and don't have a large budget. There are usually 3 double regional per year and the weekend cost is usually slightly lower than VIR and Road Atlanta.

George Munson

George Munson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
I like doing the double SARRC races as well. In our region you get some of the best drivers in the nation at those races. As Lance said most have friday test days before the event. If you lived closer I'd say come check out the NASA program in the Florida Region. They have been doing some nice early sign-up discounts that offer a lot of track time for the buck.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

Steve geta codriver and do the ECR and CCPS races, BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK. 1.6 is the perfect enduro car cause its easy on tires. You can split entry fees and tire costs. CCPS also pays $$$ at the end of the year, you are DEFINATLY competeative and could win!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dmathias

dmathias

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Region:GreatLakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:88
I love the ECR series. Co-driver, schmo-driver - 90 minutes is short enough to do yourself. No need to refuel.

Great track-time for the money.
The enemy of good is better.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:5
NASA Florida! Prices range from $200 to $299 at Sebring, Homestead, and PBIR. Race weekend is like this:
Sat
15 minute warm up
20 minute qualifying
35 minute race

Sun
20 minute qualifying
35 minute race

Might not be the most track time, might not have the biggest car counts, might not be the cheapest, but damn do we have a good time! Much more gratifying in my opinion too, there is always an awards ceremony after the races on Saturday with free beer and pizza where there is also a podium celebration and you are given your trophies (cool ones too, like beer mugs and shot glasses) to applause from all of the other weekend participants. NASA's contingency program is second to none too, Toyo bucks, Hawk bucks, Mazdaspeed, etc... I didn't have to purchase any tires in the 2010 season with all of the Toyo bucks I've earned, I am also able to rebuild my car after the season with the $1000 I earned from Mazdaspeed's regional championship bonus.

Choice is yours obviously, everyone has their preferences. I've had the best year of racing yet with NASA FL in 2010, met tons of new friends, had many good battles on track, never had to repair a dented fender all season, drank tons of beers with fellow racers and like minded enthusiasts. Give NASA FL a try, you can always race both organizations like I do.

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users