Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
First test session in the books. Drago, Sandlin, Berry and Steyn run nose to tail. Tom Long is entered but has to test at VIR. Will be back tomorrow. Buras, Burdzy and many others are no-show for test day. Buras's 1.6 has heavy padlock on the hood pins to keep prying eyes away. All waiting to see how the 1.6 will perform. Hoosiers make carousel and kink a breeze, and elevate min speeds through most turns. Overall times similar to 2011 Sprints. Overall max speeds about same so tires adding what the restrictir plate took away. Quite possibly some are sandbagging, and tomorrow will reveal al. No spec track fuel, but no smelly gas so far. General feeling is that everyone will race with integrity wrt fuel.
  • CruzanTom likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Excellent update for those of us who have no life or racing.
  • tylerbrown likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

Excellent update for those of us who have no life or racing.

Or no life, racing or car! :)
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
Does anyone know if they will be using Live Timing and Scoring? I know.... I know.....I have no life.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Maycock

Tom Maycock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:IL

Does anyone know if they will be using Live Timing and Scoring? I know.... I know.....I have no life.

The system used by the national office won't be in place this year as far as I know (the necessary equipment will probably be at the Majors event at Pueblo I assume).

However, if all goes well from the technology side, we'll be feeding T&S via the Race Monitor service, which you can get via their iOs or Android apps (http://www.race-monitor.com/). We're also looking at streaming that feed through the junesprints.com website, but no promises yet.

I'll try to post updates here if I can, but also check junesprints.com over the next day or two for updates.

Tom Maycock
Chicago Region Comp Commitee

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26
Thanks Tom. :cheers:
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Number:14
Any of you guys that like to pick on my a$$ like to make a wager if I know or don't know what's under the locked hood? No one under the tent told me what if anything is under the locked hood.

By the way, the profile name is some of drago's cute work. Tho there may be some correctness in the profile name.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

Any of you guys that like to pick on my a$$ .

Back when I first started touring about 30 years ago, we had a coach driver from Corinth, Miss-a-sip (that's how he pronounced it) named Billy Ray Fields. In addition to showing us how to light our farts (make sure you don't go bare assed) he passed on this sage piece of advice...

"If ya don't start no crap, thar won't be none." (looks like the nanny filter corrected me, but the word wasn't "crap")

I'd say that's still pretty good advice....

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I'd say that's still pretty good advice....

I didn't ask for your advice. Guess you don't want to make a wager on what may or may not be under the 1.6 hood. You own a 1.6, correct. Or didn't anyone tell you what works outside the box.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

I didn't ask for your advice. Guess you don't want to make a wager on what may or may not be under the 1.6 hood. You own a 1.6, correct. Or didn't anyone tell you what works outside the box.

Don't winge about your perception of being picked on if you continue to wear an Internet metaphorical gigantic kick me sign on your back. Just trying to help a brother out (again), that's all. Think of me as sort of a modern day John Jay. You're welcome....

Don't care what's under the locked hood. An engine, I suppose. More than likely a Mazda engine, but that's just a guess. For all I know he locked the hood to get into the 1.8 guys heads.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

For all I know he locked the hood to get into the 1.8 guys heads.

He's been there for awhile.

Tom Maycock

Tom Maycock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
Although I haven't had a chance to verify it myself yet, my understanding is that Sprints T&S is now up and running via the Race Monitor apps for iOs, Android, and Windows Phone OS. See http://www.race-monitor.com/ if you need to get a copy of the app.

Regards,
Tom
  • dstevens likes this

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Although I haven't had a chance to verify it myself yet, my understanding is that Sprints T&S is now up and running via the Race Monitor apps for iOs, Android, and Windows Phone OS. See http://www.race-monitor.com/ if you need to get a copy of the app.

The app works well, I've been using it for about 8 months now. It's not very expensive and is handy to have.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22
My favorite Ap, great for enduros, especially long ones. Great to watch whats going on around the country, most NASA events run it, some SCCA events.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Tom Maycock

Tom Maycock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
The live timing feed is now also available via junesprints.com. Just click on the "Live Timing" button.

Regards,
Tom

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

The live timing feed is now also available via junesprints.com. Just click on the "Live Timing" button.

Regards,
Tom

Thank you Tom, I'm :wub: it.

Tom Maycock

Tom Maycock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
SM session is running right now (3 laps in as of 2:57pm). Must be first qualifying I think?

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
1st Q

Berry 2:44.898
Drago 2:44.921
Sandlin 2:45.207
Buras 2:45.341
Voytek 2:45.546
Steyn 2:45.736
Stephan 2:46.043
Sager 2:46.339
Long 2:46.358
Bednarz 2:46.914

Road America Spec Miata Aug/30/2009 Sandlin 2:44.309

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
1.6 .5 off the pace??...must be a cheetah! And a pro in 9th? Love SM...good luck to all :D

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

1.6 .5 off the pace??...must be a cheetah! And a pro in 9th? Love SM...good luck to all :D

When drago & I smack talk the 1.6 he knows it's the same rules as a couple years ago. drago kind of forgot our finish position time gap therefore he was going to have his computer guru back check. I remember finish position time gap.

I hope Buras has no issues.

Ron, what is your consideration for a Pro driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users