FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I wonder how badly we are going to get our butts kicked in the 99's after the rule change. I have ordered they new plate and hope to go to the dyno with it but my sprites are not to high at the moment. I am not even sure I am going to be able to take advantage of the new min weight without losing a little weight myself.

I sure would like to see the dyno sheets they used and the math used to come up with at 37 mm restrictor plate. I thought I had made a pretty good decision last year to build a 99 in light of how they were performing. Not feeling it this year. If I get my clock cleaned as badly as I think it will be, Its going to be hard for me to give my money to chase tail lights. SCCA is getting more interesting.
  • Caveman-kwebb99 likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I wonder how badly we are going to get our butts kicked in the 99's after the rule change. I have ordered they new plate and hope to go to the dyno with it but my sprites are not to high at the moment. I am not even sure I am going to be able to take advantage of the new min weight without losing a little weight myself.

I sure would like to see the dyno sheets they used and the math used to come up with at 37 mm restrictor plate. I thought I had made a pretty good decision last year to build a 99 in light of how they were performing. Not feeling it this year. If I get my clock cleaned as badly as I think it will be, Its going to be hard for me to give my money to chase tail lights. SCCA is getting more interesting.

No testing will be shown, I do not like it myself but apparently John Mueller is a man of his word and I do like that! Post up your data when you are done Frank, that should be interesting plus some others will be posting actual race data from Infinion raceway! I look forward to seeing the DATA from you and others!

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
OMG, they’re not going to have the RP’s ready for Texas. Any other events before Infineon?
I'll be the first to experience the power and performance of the all new redesigned 1999 NASA SM. This is truly an honor and a privilege to be lucky enough to have the RP’s done in time for this.

I’ll be sure to report back the thrill and excitement from such an incredible combination of design tweaks, that will make my racing experience just that much better, that only could have been done by NASA.

No I don’t work in marketing.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

tony senese

tony senese

Not racing bicycles again!!

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Region:Northeast
  • Car Year:1997
But if video Killed the radio star and NASA killed the 99, who shot JR?

Phew...... that was a close one!

Tony Senese
NASA-NE SM Director
'06, '08, '11, '12, '13, '14

NASA-NE SM champ

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

B(Kuch)Kucera45

B(Kuch)Kucera45

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Region:NEOhio
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:45
I was planning on running some NASA this year but this makes it a little more interesting!

I think I might have a chance this year in my under powered 1.6! :D
  • Glenn likes this
Kuch
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

But if video Killed the radio star and NASA killed the 99, who shot JR?

Okay Tony, ya got me... I did. I shot JR too! :lol:

Posted Image
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE

I was planning on running some NASA this year but this makes it a little more interesting!

The one with the rockin stereo!

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Funracer

Funracer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Southest
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:19

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Funracer

Funracer

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Region:Southest
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:19
I, for one, am actually looking forward to the coming season.

B)

Regards
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

EFoss28

EFoss28

MX-5 Cup Champion

• SMembers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I will be coaching a couple of drivers in 99's this coming weekend at Houston. I am pretty familiar with lap times at that track in the 99's and may even get to do a back to back (old spec vs. new). I have a feeling that the difference will be a lot less then everyone is anticipating! Stay tuned for the results :)
  • William Keeling likes this
www.ericfossracing.com
My cup runneth over - Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champ Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000

Kuch, does that mean you can just stay home on those SCCA weekends? I will feel alot more secure knowing that some guy fresh out of the asylum wont be dive bombing me down into turn 7 a few times a race cause he has all that low power and its the only way he can stay in contention! :rolleyes:

Can't wait till the first SCCA weekend now more than ever! See you there Kuch!
  • Mike Lliteras likes this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60
I'm in for the first NASA event at Mid Ohio in April and may run NASA Road Atlanta in March. But after that, for me it's a mix of NASA and SCCA. Tell the truth guys, we're track ho's and we'll race where we can. All that aside, it's nice to see the funny season is operating as per normal ... i.e. gripe about rules changes. As I recall last year it was the NA drivers' turn to whine.

As you were. Carry on!
Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year