• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
I've been busy with my new job, but just wanted to let you guys know registration for the Double Rational / Pro-IT weekend at Barber Motorsports Park over Labor Day weekend is open. Practice & qualifying on Friday, Aug 31, qualify & race on both Saturday & Sunday, then you have Monday to spend with your family and/or travel. Because some folks may not be able to get off work on Friday we made that day optional, but at just $100 it provides damn cheap track time!

Atlanta Region does not apply funds until after the event and full refunds are given for no shows, so there's no reason not to go ahead and sign up if you're even thinking about attending. And despite the fact that it's worked pretty well in the past I'm getting some static from the Big IT guys about being grouped with SRF in Group 3. Some of them are wanting to be moved to Group 1 (with split-grid qualifying and a split start in the races) and with only seven (7) SMs currently signed up in Group 1 I'm hard-pressed to tell them they can't do that.

Links to event information and the registration system can be found at www.AtlantaSCCA.org.

See y'all at the track...

Butch Kummer

Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (2012-2014)

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
butch
How much is it to add another class?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Should be on the registration system and I do know it's in the Supps, but:

2nd class/same driver: +$200 Single / +$300 Double

I'm pretty sure I checked that out while testing the MSR set-up, but get with the Chief Registrar if it doesn't work for you.

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Just a reminder that early registration for the Aug 31-Sept 2 Barber Double Rational closes next Monday (Aug 27) at noon. Besides featuring excellent racing this is a gorgeous facility that is very spectator/family oriented as well.

No test day, but Friday starts with a 20-minute practice session followed by two 15-minute qualifying sessions - one for Saturday's race and the second for Sunday. That day is "optional" in our pricing structure (an extra $100) but allows us to offer the GCR-required practice/qualifying time before the races. Yes, this is different than most regions do things but consider who the Atlanta Region Competition Director is!

Links to the Supps, Schedule, and Registration can be found at http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org.

Some of the Big IT cars have expressed the desire to be grouped with SM in Group 1 rather than SRF, and the Chief Steward has indicated it be a Thursday-before-race-weekend decision (gives us a chance to see "final" car counts). If they DO move into Group 1 rest assureed you'll get split-grid qualifying and a split start in the races. And of course the best way to keep the move from happening is for thirty more SMs to register for the event! :whistling:

Hope to see y'all at the track...

Butch Kummer

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Butch, I am guessing with TS Isaac heading towards Alabama, SCCA must be considering its options. When will you guys make a decision?

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
butch would like a discount for me to come i took off my mud flaps on the car
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Race Engineering

Race Engineering

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:48
Im bringing my 4X4.

Chris Graham
Race Engineering - Championship Proven
(864) 542-4018 chris@raceengineering.org

Butch Kummer

Butch Kummer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
This morning everything I've seen has Isaac making landfall west of B'ham - Weather.com was predicting 10 mph winds with 40% chance of rain Friday and Saturday, 20% chance of rain on Sunday. Unless we have a massive infrastructure collapse like we had with Katrina the show will go on.

Butch Kummer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users