5X Racing

5X Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:5
As new Spec Miata Director for NASA Florida (see below), I want to invite ANYone with a Spec Miata to attend NASA Florida's 2012 season finale at Sebring Int Raceway on October 6th and 7th. There will be two sprint races (schedule yet to be released), one Saturday and one Sunday, and a 2 hour enduro from 5pm-7pm Saturday afternoon.

I have also worked out a deal with NASA National to allow us racers out there with expired licenses (like me) to be able to renew their licenses for this race, and all of 2013 in one shot. Please message me for more info on this deal as it is special and there's some specific instructions.

The Links:
Event Info: http://www.drivenasa...esults/sebring/
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook....70181416450958/

Oh yeah, there's been some changes in NASA FL recently. So here's a little background info:

My family and I took a hiatus from full season racing in 2012 to focus on "catching up" with business and "other life", but when I was given to opportunity to direct the SM class again in NASA Florida with the side benefit to sponsor the SM class championship and reintegrate my business with them, I was more than happy to get back into the position to help out the SM racers in NASA again.

NASA FL's been in the "news" a lot in our time off, and I hope that I can jump in and reinvigorate the good times that we had back in 2010 when I was the SM Director along with the help of Jim Blaisdell. NASA Florida is a great time with a lot of fun people, we've missed being a part of the fun during our time off (mostly the partying on Friday and Saturday nights) and are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

ALSO, I wanted to note that we are all aware of the different tire rules that NASA and SCCA SM have. This sucks, I know (we have Hoosiers on our cars). So, I've gotten approval to create a new rules set (don't worry, don't worry, I'm not going to ruin SM) for a regional class within NASA Florida that allows open tires and maybe a few other interesting things to keep it different enough from SM, but close enough that guys crossing over will have a home for their non-NASA legal SM's. This is still under development, however I can tell you that it will be a sub-class of Performance Touring (PT) E most likely. So, if you have a Hoosier equipped SM, come out and join myself and a few of my teammates in this class. I will be running in this class for the time being as I have a whole bunch of Hoosier left and we'll see how it goes from there.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see some of you all at the track in October!

John Adamczyk
Owner/Driver - 5X Racing

JBlaisdell

JBlaisdell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:65
After all thats been said and done....
I'm in, I'll be there!!!