Photo

Charlotte SARRC/MARRS Contact and Protest.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88
So where and what club are you running lap counted races?
Who cares if you have a wave off, FCC, everyone is in the same boat with amount of fuel.
J~
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Frank,

I am not trying to attack here so please don't take offense to what I am about ready to say.

It is not about the trophy. But because it isn't about a trophy doesn't mean that we dont treat it like we going after a Le Mans win. Yes it is club racing and all in good fun. But it is also very serious. How our kids act in these lower series does translate to how they will act and behave in the upper series if they are ever fortunate to drive in an "upper" series. Build good habits here and take them with you where ever you go.

To me it sounds like SM wants it both ways sometimes. It is club racing, but we could be considered some of the best drivers and racers in any class. If that is true, then I think we have a responsibility to act like it and take it seriously regardless if the trophy is made of plastic, or grand prix silver.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Last I checked NASA waive offs don't count towards the overall lap count, But honestly that might be wrong as we have never experienced a NASA waive off. In the karting ranks waive offs never count to the overall.

I could be wrong.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Frank,

I am not trying to attack here so please don't take offense to what I am about ready to say.

It is not about the trophy. But because it isn't about a trophy doesn't mean that we dont treat it like we going after a Le Mans win. Yes it is club racing and all in good fun. But it is also very serious. How our kids act in these lower series does translate to how they will act and behave in the upper series if they are ever fortunate to drive in an "upper" series. Build good habits here and take them with you where ever you go.

To me it sounds like SM wants it both ways sometimes. It is club racing, but we could be considered some of the best drivers and racers in any class. If that is true, then I think we have a responsibility to act like it and take it seriously regardless if the trophy is made of plastic, or grand prix silver.

Not offended one bit,it would be a scary world, if everyone agreed with me.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users