Photo

Has anyone been able to reach Stewart Development?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Nsparks

Nsparks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:#12
Has anyone been able to reach Stewart Development?
I have a few shocks that have been at Stewart Development for a while now. I haven't been able to get in contact with Bernie to get a eta on return.
Thanks guys.

Nate Sparks 

2016 Global Mazda Invitational Champion

2016 MX-5 Cup Champion

2011 NASA SM National Champion
2010 13 Hour Winner
2009-2011 TMC East Coast Champion

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
This seems to be a recurring issue every year

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
Nate, Bobby T talks to him ring him up........

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Number:228
Nate, if you have any luck, please let me know how you did it. He has had a set of mine since February and paid for since March.

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
I spoke with him last week... I'll ping him.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
There would seem to be a decent business opportunity for anyone that can rebuild shocks and return a phone call or email message.
  • Keith Novak likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

There would seem to be a decent business opportunity for anyone that can rebuild shocks and return a phone call or email message.

You'd think but not so much... Our shocks are cheap enough to buy new ($119.55) every few years... A top quality rebuild would have to squeeze their price down to be just about a $100. Margin % is so low that if there is a single issue during the process most of the profit is lost.

Bernie's saving grace is the product he produces is absolutely outstanding which makes it sometimes (I said SOMETIMES) worth the wait.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79
You still need to communicate with the customer and be timely. There is no excuse for that. :)

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Nsparks

Nsparks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Cool, thanks guys I appreciate any help y'all can give. Hopefully something will come up soon.

Nate Sparks 

2016 MX-5 Cup Champion

2010 13 Hour Winner

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC
I sure miss my SD shocks. Sold them on the old car.
Bernie come back! Please rebuild my spares!!!!
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

davew

davew

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Region:Chicago
  • Car Number:72
I just got an email blast from bernie. Appears he is still in business. Don't know about service, but at least he is alive

Dave

Dave Wheeler
Advanced Autosports, the nations most complete Spec Miata shop
Author, Spec Miata Constructors Guide, version 1 and 2.0

Building Championship winning cars since 1995

4 time Central Division Spec Miata Champion car builder 2012-2013-2014-2017

Back to Back June Sprints Spec Miata 1-2 finishes 2016 and 2017

5 time June Sprints winner in Mazda's

6 Time Northern Conference Champion Car Builder

2014 SCCA Majors National point Champion car builder

2014 SCCA Runoffs winner, T4 (Bender)

2014 Central Division Champion, ITS (Wheeler)

2013 Thunderhill 25 hour winning crew chief

2007 June Sprints winner, (GT1, Mohrhauser)

Over 200 race wins and counting.
www.advanced-autosports.com
dave@advanced-autosports.com
608-313-1230

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

You'd think but not so much... Our shocks are cheap enough to buy new ($119.55) every few years... A top quality rebuild would have to squeeze their price down to be just about a $100. Margin % is so low that if there is a single issue during the process most of the profit is lost.

Bernie's saving grace is the product he produces is absolutely outstanding which makes it sometimes (I said SOMETIMES) worth the wait.

Very true. I was rather surprised by how inexpensive the rebuild/revalve cost was compared to Koni. I paid $100 maybe more per shock to Tri-Point to have the tired old Konis yellows rebuild and revalved.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Received via email today:

We Have moved to serve you better!

Our new address is 2454-D N. Fayetteville Street Asheboro, NC 27203

Good till November 1st, finish the season strong or get a start on the 2013 season with 10% off your shock rebuild (limit two sets per). We have been busy moving in and setting up our new shop to better serve you. We will have more updates on our remodel of the shop and what is going on here in Asheboro stay tuned...

Stewart Development moves forward with the hire of Ryan White with over 15 years experience in the motorsports industry. Ryan joins Stewart Development as the Director of Sales & Marketing. New to the shock industry, he has been involved with all major racing series from NASCAR, NHRA, Grand-Am, American LeMans, WoO, Lucas Dirt series etc...

"Ryan brings marketing, new product development, brand building and a strong customer focus skills to Stewart Development!" stated Bernie Stewart, President of Stewart Development. If you have any questions or are interested in talking to Ryan he can be reached at (336) 313-9638

Call or email your order to us at:
STEWART DEVELOPMENT

2454 D North Fayetteville Street
Asheboro, NC 27203
Tel: (336) 472-8772
SALES
sales@stewartdevelopment.com

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Nsparks

Nsparks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Bernie must not like me! :noidea: I have called every number and emailed every email I could find on him. Hopefully this new guy Ryan will answer and help me out.

Nate Sparks 

2016 MX-5 Cup Champion

2010 13 Hour Winner

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Have you friended him on Facebook? :lol:
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken Wilkinson

Ken Wilkinson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:Mid Atlantic
  • Car Number:228
I emailed him right after I saw the email which was shared above and about an hour later I got a response from him indicating he would ship my shocks out within the next week. Haven't seen them yet but there is still hope!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users