Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Region:San Diego
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:47
In light of the changes to the Hoosier contingency allowing only double dippers only to receive contingency in 1 class. BFG offers a competitive tire and a good contingency for STL.

We ran them for the first time this weekend and was not much setup change required between the Hoosier and the BFG, just air pressure.

We finished 2nd and 1st in STL and earned 5 free tires.....just saying worth a look.

http://scca.cdn.race...FG-Club-Nat.pdf

http://scca.cdn.race...-Club-Claim.pdf

Joe Jordan the turd.....Joey is IV or quatro!

Ran in Firestone Firehawk in a Miata in 1994

Speedvision Cup Miata's 95-99

World Challenge Miata in 2000 AT MRLS

Had 3 Rookie of the year winners "Rising Stars" In IMSA

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

6th at 50th SCCA Runoffs in SM OPM's Rental 01

2nd fastest race lap at the Runoffs.

2014 Teen Mazda Challenge (west) Champ!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I like the BFG dry tire I think its as good as a Hoosier only last longer, My opinion only.

The only issue I know is that they do not have a rain tire. is that still the case. I heard they were developing one but have not see it.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Frank,

Do you have some good starting pressures for the BFG's say for a track like Mid-O and for something with more grip and high speed turns.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

trey

trey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Region:SCCA Houston
  • Car Year:2006
  • Car Number:5
Or BFG hot pressure target on a T4 Car @ MSRH ... 2006 MX-5 with MSR Package

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
Gforce has printed material that show for a car at the SM wt of 2200 to 2400 lbs that the upper end of inflation should be 37lbs. I found that they have a bit stiffer of a sidewall and that I could get by with 36 hot at Mid O.

Depending on the temp outside i would start them out at around 29 to 30.

I would just shoot for 36 hot. I found that you could go a tick less in camber that what you would do for a Toyo for example but not much maybe .02-03 degrees less negative camber. I have ran them regional in the GLD last year.
  • trey likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
Hey Frank, They are testing a tire for autocoss right now at NOLA called the Rival, which may be the rain, I will try and get more info for you.

Kids now racing...Started them in Lemons Miata we built into the 2013 Western Division SCCA Majors Champion!

2015 Pirelli World Challenge Round 15 Winner in TCB and round 16,17,and 18 Winner!

philstireservice

philstireservice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Hey Frank, They are testing a tire for autocoss right now at NOLA called the Rival, which may be the rain, I will try and get more info for you.

From what I have read according to BFG engineers, the Rival may be good in "damp" conditions but not in full rain conditions with standing water.

http://philstireservice.com Enkei Team Dynamics The Miata Wheel Motegi Apex Wedsport Hoosier Toyo BFG Michelin Nankang Federal

Kevin Edens

Kevin Edens

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:MidDiv
It has a 200 treadwear rating on it. Lokks like it is aimed more at street tire autocross classes.

Joe (dad) Jordan

Joe (dad) Jordan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
EMI- It is there Street Tuner classes for Autocross.

FranK- talked with their enginners at WET Cal Speedway, They introduced a rain at the Runoffs last year, it is based off the G-force KDWS with a softer compound, The engineers I talked to note(not salesmen) said the BFG is faster on their proving ground than the H20. They had on their truck at the Super Tour. Hope that helps.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts

EMI- It is there Street Tuner classes for Autocross.

FranK- talked with their enginners at WET Cal Speedway, They introduced a rain at the Runoffs last year, it is based off the G-force KDWS with a softer compound, The engineers I talked to note(not salesmen) said the BFG is faster on their proving ground than the H20. They had on their truck at the Super Tour. Hope that helps.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users