Todd Tagget

Todd Tagget

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:42
No,, but I'll be down this week we can do beers and settle up..
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:27
Hey Guys,

NASA wanted me to remind you of the 2012 Awards Banquet coming up the Saturday night after racing on Feb 9th in the garages at Sonoma, just like last year.

Banquet tickets need to be purchased before the event ($39 each).

Tickets will not be available at the event.

You can sign up here: http://www.nasaprora....com/event/1542

( EDIT- There was no drop. With the points drop for ) In SpecMiata we have final finishing positions

1. Jaime Florence
2. Kyle Loustannan
3. Daniel Gehringer
4. Team Evans Racing
5. Marco Gallaher

NASA purchased some kick-ass trophies (see photo) so it would be VERY nice for all of you to attend and to bask in the glory of your victory in front of hundreds of adoring fans (or more likely...hundreds of folks more interested in the food & drink than what's going on with the awards...)

Thanks,
Craig
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96
Craig,

I didn't think we had a points drop last year, as it was never announced. With that...will we be having a points drop this year? I believe the rules specify that it must be announced prior to the first race, otherwise it defaults to no drops.

Jaime
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Jamie- a quick review of the math shows that there were no drops. My mistake.

Do we want to ask if we can have a points drop for 2013? Don't know if Jerry would allow this but I can ask if there is lots of interest.

Oh yeah, I will be racing the 9th and 10th!! And be at the banquet!

Craig
Craig Evans
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

gkmccready

gkmccready

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Region:SFR/NorCal
  • Car Number:4

I can't wait..

I'm in for PTE. Come play! Anybody doing the enduro Sunday morning?

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I'm looking forward to it. I am most likely going to be there with my teammate (George Barros) driving for this one.

I vote for a points drop for the season Championship. Anyone else good with that?...it's nice for those of us who might not be able to make every single event.

Thanks,

Jaime
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Region:sfr
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:89
I'm in
  • Joe (dad) Jordan and Jaime Florence like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Right on Kyle!

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
So with the new RR's where do you guys think are lap times are gonna be 1:54's or maybe high 53's??? The weather should be good for it.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
I will throw my guess into the hat! I think on average +1 sec faster for the fast guys(55's)...more for the guys in the middle to back. What will be interesting is if they continue to get better as they wear down or fall off like the Hoosier!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
You will go as best as you ever went on Toyos, just easier and more constantly. They aren't the holy grail just more of a race tire than the RA1.

Front runners probably won't see the bigger difference as a mid packer if they had the science down on the Ra1s
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Charlie and I agree! Those who could drive the RA1 at the limit will be uninspired(my guess!)but still be fast...all others will move up!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

dp35

dp35

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Region:SF
  • Car Number:51
More important to lap times than tires are the barrels in Turn 11. If they're moved inside like at the end if last year, everyone's times will be faster.
  • Charlie Hayes likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

KyleLoustaunau

KyleLoustaunau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I dont know the weather and track was super prime at the end of last year. And should be the same this weekend minus a little bit of rubber on the track.

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Car Number:22
The barriers were a big deal at the end of the year it only takes a few feet of placement to totally change turn 11 and your lap time.

Weather was nice and it should be nice a cool. If its anything like today/tonight!
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Schedule is up:

http://norcalinfo.na...ebschedule1.pdf

Any further thoughts about allowing two drop races for the year? I have to get this approved asap if it is to be done this year.
Craig Evans

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11
I ran the RRs for a couple enduros last year. They are a tad faster than an RA1 in its sweet spot but RR has a much broader sweet spot. Meaning they able to run those faster laps longer than you would get with an rA1.

Not running the enduro 2 hous is not an enduro, strategy is out and is a bit more expensive for less track time.

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users