Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Our own Cliff Brown is going to be in this show!

Ladies and Gentleman,

Please note that a new TV comedy/ racing series is showing on Speed Channel Feb 23 and 25, 2013.

It is starring comedian John Reep ( That thing got a Hemi?) and I am fortunate to be in at least two of the episodes. Please show your support by watching it.

Also starring Kenny Wallace, John Snyder ( Dukes of Hazzard) and others. Keep an open mind, it’s silly satire but the racing is real for the most part. The premise is Redneck muscle cars road racing against younger racers in tuner/ foreign cars.

Many of the racers are SCCA/ NASA/ NASCAR and others. Support the show, support racing. The SCCA and NASA participants represented SCCA and NASA very well.

Cliff

http://www.speedtv.c...program/1124729

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

DES4

DES4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:93

My wife and I recorded and watched a couple of episodes; taken in the spirit intended, pretty funny stuff!

Goes best with beer. Got enough beer to last the season.

Dave Stine

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed," -Eleanor Roosevelt

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

My wife and I recorded and watched a couple of episodes; taken in the spirit intended, pretty funny stuff!

Goes best with beer. Got enough beer to last the season.

lots of beer! :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7

After watching a few episodes, I'd love to see these aholes get spanked by anything, even a LeMons rat.  Weight is usually their downfall.  The "track" seems like a short kart track with 5 corners, hardly a good road course challenge.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Haven't seen one yet, but I recorded the Sunday episode. Somehow I expect it will be absolutely horrible.

Rick

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year
Powered by: Stewart Engines
Set up by: RAFT Motorsports

SM: The safest race car in the world. It can just
barely kill you.

Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brocodile

Brocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:61

I watched this weekend's episode. It was on a par with the US version of Top Gear, which is a low standard, admittedly. The rules appear to be rigged to favor the rednecks, but maybe they deserve a break. After all, they are the sole remaining minority group (other than, perhaps, blondes) which political correctness does not protect from public ridicule. Anyway, I'll watch it again. It does involve racing and they film it at CMP. I have raced there myself and I can attest to the fact that rednecks are found in abundance locally. They make me feel right at home. Too bad the show uses the cut-through, thus avoiding the threat of the tire walls at the exit of Turn 3.

Skip Brock
OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines
2012 SARRC Spec Miata Champion
2012 SEDiv Regional Driver of the Year

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brendan O

Brendan O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Region:SE
  • Car Year:2003

Ladies and Gentleman,

Please note that a new TV comedy/ racing series is showing on Speed Channel Feb 23 and 25, 2013.

It is starring comedian John Reep ( That thing got a Hemi?) and I am fortunate to be in at least two of the episodes. Please show your support by watching it.

Also starring Kenny Wallace, John Snyder ( Dukes of Hazzard) and others. Keep an open mind, it’s silly satire but the racing is real for the most part. The premise is Redneck muscle cars road racing against younger racers in tuner/ foreign cars.

Many of the racers are SCCA/ NASA/ NASCAR and others. Support the show, support racing. The SCCA and NASA participants represented SCCA and NASA very well.

Cliff

I've seen two so far - some brief shots of some miatas but these never seem to make it into main part of show. Monday night was a Nissan GTR and a BMW E46 M3. The M3 turned in at T1 and pinched the redneck and the redneck hit the M3 pretty hard. The M3 won but they actually showed the redneck slapping the M3 driver across the head while M3 driver still sitting in his car - i thought they would edit that out.

Jim - have your episodes already aired?

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

I've seen two so far - some brief shots of some miatas but these never seem to make it into main part of show. Monday night was a Nissan GTR and a BMW E46 M3. The M3 turned in at T1 and pinched the redneck and the redneck hit the M3 pretty hard. The M3 won but they actually showed the redneck slapping the M3 driver across the head while M3 driver still sitting in his car - i thought they would edit that out.

Jim - have your episodes already aired?

Please...no blow by blow. I already sat through it once :panic:

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Ladies and Gentleman,

Cliff

Jim is that shot at CMS Kershaw track?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Yes, I believe so.. I think Carolina motorsports park and Kershaw are the same thing, never been there, but I believe that is right.

Not sure I can take another episode. I just want to see the one with Cliff already :)

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Yup - only hanging in through the most annoying John Reep so that I can see my buddy Cliffie and just praying that he doesn't go full retard in this dreadful show.

Sorry but its worse than Springer, and doesnt have any naked boobies to redeem itself!

Cliffie - here's to hoping you look like a saint in this one!! :toast:

• jbilicki51 likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Cliff

Great race. Just your luck.. You race the only care that is faster than the redneck car in a straight line. The guy in the other car was also a pretty good driver. The best race by far in that show and you did us proud!

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

Some pretty rigged match ups in that show.  In the episode 4 finale, the bimmer was giving up over 200/200 AND over 1000lbs?

I'm shocked at the head slap.  Risking assault charges doing that on camera.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Rob Burgoon

Rob Burgoon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts
  • Car Number:91

Wow, that was a good race.

• DES4 likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Did they want to do a version of Pinks All Out Road Course style?

Everybody shows, does a few laps, largest group of closest best lap time get grouped.

They race.

Beat your best time get kicked out.

Winner of all races wins.

But I'm not sure how the redneck fits in. :scratchchin:

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

What are we going to do for entertainment when the Speed Channel goes away?

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Is this show causing Speed to go away? :D

I'm sure Rolex and F1 will be around, If I can get V8 supercars I'll be good.

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users