Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Last two laps of the Saturday BFGoodrich Super Tour/SCCAMajors/SafeRacer National Racing Series at Circuit of the Americas from the SafeRacer B-Spec Mini Cooper.

This is a mixed class race, where B-Spec is the slowest group. You will see Matt Reynolds go by leading EP and Sam Henry's pass on Eric Prill for the FP win on the last lap, and a pass for 2nd on another B-Spec Mini.

Pardon the oil on the windshield compliments of an RX-7 rotary, and a little rain, too. I didn't dare touch the wipers.

The exhaust noises are from cars around me. The Mini cat-back is too quiet at this point and it has a restrictor plate on the intake. Racing suspension and cage per rule set, but otherwise a stock 2007 Cooper off a used car lot last month.

On Sunday, the alternator/water pump belt disappeared somewhere, so the car shut down on the back straight.  I did manage to limp it behind a wall and avoid a full course caution. Will fix that before the World Challenge race in May.

Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

danger girl

danger girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

That's me in the Miata at 5:09 moving to let the Prod car through. I thought there was just 1 Mini behind me when I moved. I didn't know they could split into two like that. Is that allowed in the GCR? ;)

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

That's me in the Miata at 5:09 moving to let the Prod car through. I thought there was just 1 Mini behind me when I moved. I didn't know they could split into two like that. Is that allowed in the GCR? ;)

That E Prod car was Jim Daniels...if I had not known who the driver was and where he came from (SM), I'm not sure that I would have stuffed in down in there.  Thanks for the tow down the back straight!

Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

Do all those Mini's come with the Flavor Flav clock on the dash like that?  :scratchchin:

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

HoneyBadger - BrianW

HoneyBadger - BrianW

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:59
Yeeaaaasssss
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Do all those Mini's come with the Flavor Flav clock on the dash like that?  :scratchchin:

That's a speedometer!   :spin:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cota, b spec, b-spec, saferacer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users