13 replies to this topic

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:76

How many of you would like to run STL and SM at GingerMan? We MIGHT be able to move STL to group 3(SM is Group 2). It will make Sunday's races a little hectic because you'll be back to back, but Saturday looks good.

Let me know. Sorry for the oversight on our part. 

Jeff

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Jeff that would impart depend on what they charge. if its 500.00 that would be more than I would want to pay.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

screaming monkey

screaming monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Region:WI
  • Car Number:65

+1

Jeff that would impart depend on what they charge. if its 500.00 that would be more than I would want to pay.

+1

Richard Scott Mooney
"Warm up your tires, brakes and brains"

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Not sure how I got signed up for both SM and STL when they are in same group, and if STL cost $500 I will not do it regardless of what group its in. 

STL as a double dip needs to be $350 for there to be incentive for SM's to run there, we are simply not competive when a real STL car shows up.

Also if you are held for anytime at all in tech for SM you will not have time to prep the car for STL running back to back, and after the MIS tech I can see you having to be held in tech for the full 30 minutes for no aparent reason.  for me to run STL back to back I would need time to pull the RP and gas it up, tires shouldnt be a big problem unless you really flat spot something in the race. 

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

STL as a double dip needs to be $350 for there to be incentive for SM's to run there, we are simply not competive when a real STL car shows up.

Why?

I can see a discount for any second class entry for anyone who participates in more than one class. SM shouldn't just get a discount to be encouraged to double dip, that is not the intent of STL.

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Why?

I can see a discount for any second class entry for anyone who participates in more than one class. SM shouldn't just get a discount to be encouraged to double dip, that is not the intent of STL.

I didnt say double dipping should be exclusive to SM did I??????

I just said we need incentive to do so!!!!!!!!

This is on the Mazda racers site which is still kinda  the SM site!  I didnt post that response ont he SCCA website or did I???

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

luckymiata76

luckymiata76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Car Number:76

Not sure where you are getting $350 from. From the Supps:

2-day Majors-1 class-$475(by check) or $500(credit)

2-day Majors-same car, 2 classes-$775(by check), or $800(credit).

You'll only be back-to-back Sunday's race; Saturday's race has lunch-in-between.

We'll have tech issues addressed, no repeat of MIS. Our tech guy was at the Sprints and took good notes, expect something similar for "Pit All."

Anybody thinking of double dipping? We've had discussions with the Chief Steward about moving STL, but will only do so if there is a demand by the SM group.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

300 for the second class is fair. that is what we charged. and doable.

so if we sign up for the second class "STL" and it does not get moved, I assume we can cancel the second class without penalty?

Kyle Drago is just sore at you for having to buy you a new tire gauge.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Not sure where you are getting $350 from. From the Supps:

2-day Majors-1 class-$475(by check) or $500(credit)

2-day Majors-same car, 2 classes-$775(by check), or $800(credit).

You'll only be back-to-back Sunday's race; Saturday's race has lunch-in-between.

We'll have tech issues addressed, no repeat of MIS. Our tech guy was at the Sprints and took good notes, expect something similar for "Pit All."

Anybody thinking of double dipping? We've had discussions with the Chief Steward about moving STL, but will only do so if there is a demand by the SM group.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Once race class is like $500 a double dip add on nees to be priced fairly at $300-350... without a double dip discount Im not interested in STL at all, it is just extra track time to me and at full boat 500 is not a bang for the buck thats just my opinion.  MIS had a double dip discount as well as Mid ohio.  Those are the only STL races I have run...

K. Webb