• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:27

This was just released today:

Effective August 1, 2013:

SpecMiata racers that have not raced with NASA in the last 3 years (2010 or prior) will be given FREE race entry for the remainder of the 2013 season!! That is right, if you have not raced Specmiata with NASA Norcal in the last 3 years your entry is FREE for the rest of the year! You will need a NASA membership and competition license but your entry fee will be free for 2013. If you want to try the Performance Touring class you will be allowed to Supersize for the normal rate.

The NASA NorCal Region is excited to announce the opportunity for all the west coast SpecMiata racers to come join us! We are very proud of our program and welcome all drivers to join us no matter what tire you choose to use. We are convinced once you try our programs you will continue on for years to come. Our work place friendly 2 day programs include 2 races each weekend with the option to do 4 races per weekend with inexpensive SuperSize pricing. Racers need only to provide a valid SCCA license to be able to qualify for a NASA race license. SpecMiata racers with a valid SCCA logbook will be allowed to race on that logbook for the remainder of the season.

The NorCal Region has created a new class, SMH for drivers that choose to race on Hoosier SM6 tires (205/50-15 Only). NASA NorCal will also honor the existing contingency offer by Hoosier Racing Tire. NASA will provide 2 tires for first place for 5 or more starters and will provide 1 tire for second place if there are 7 or more starters. Contingency winner must start races on both Saturday and Sunday. Tires will be awarded based on the finish order of the Sunday race. SMH competitors will be identified by distinctive purple identifiers provided by NASA. 

NorCal region will now allow the use of additional Toyo Competition tires to include RR's, RA-1's, and R888's in the SpecMiata class (SM). This will allow competitors to choose tires based on their own needs and budgets. ** Only competitors running RRs will be eligible for TOYO Contingency.

To sign up or for more information please contact the NASA NorCal SpecMiata director Craig Evans at smx@drivenasa.com

• Johnny D and Juan Pineda like this
Craig Evans
NASA NorCal SpecMiata Director Retired
NASA Norcal Region Champion - SpecMiata 2011, 2013<p>
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

If you have not raced in a few years and want to come have some very inexpensive fun, Sign up and come RACING!  

If you have not raced SpecMiata with NASA before, this is your chance to race for FREE!!!  Eight races over 4 weekends with one race at Thunderhill and 3 at Sonoma.

Craig Evans
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Wow, very cool.

How about somebody from out of state like from back east?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I think I would liketo take advantage of this deal!!!!!!

Would I be alowed?????

I might be able to bring a friend along also...

Have been wanting to race Sonoma forever.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Maybe even thunder hill... if its the 25hr course????

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Maybe even th burger king from down south will show up to try to kick my ass LOL

• Rob Burgoon likes this

K. Webb

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Here's the schedule.

http://nasanorcal.co...ction_schedule/

August 17-18 2013
Thunderhill Raceway Park  

September 28-29 2013
Sonoma Raceway  

October 26-27 2013
Sonoma Raceway  

November 9-10 2013
Sonoma Raceway....  Also a 2hr Enduro

December 7-8
25 Hours of Thunderhill WERC Season Finale

Thunderhill Raceway Park  

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
This offer extends to anyone that had not raced with us in the last 3 seasons, no matter where they live. So....

Yes you would allowed.

Yes you can bring a friend (or 2 or 10)!!!
Craig Evans

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

How many entries would it take to get SM as a solo run group?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Sacslider

Sacslider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
More than we have now, but why care? It's open to all tires, all drivers, and if its been more than 3 years it free!
Craig Evans

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

More than we have now, but why care? It's open to all tires, all drivers, and if its been more than 3 years it free!

Don't get me wrong...an incredible offer!  Just curious!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Here's the schedule.

http://nasanorcal.co...ction_schedule/

August 17-18 2013
Thunderhill Raceway Park  

September 28-29 2013
Sonoma Raceway  

October 26-27 2013
Sonoma Raceway  

November 9-10 2013
Sonoma Raceway....  Also a 2hr Enduro

December 7-8
25 Hours of Thunderhill WERC Season Finale

Thunderhill Raceway Park  

My assumption is that this offer is for NorCal SM races only.  So WERC Endurance events will not qualify.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts

Just showing the schedule, no I don't think you get a free 25hr race :nonono:

I.E. If Kwebb traveled to do Sonoma, and wanted to do the 25, he then would know how long he'd have to park his trailer someplace and/or make plans to come see you.

As I understand it's open to about anybody with a SM in the world that hasn't raced NASA NorCal, IN A SM, in the last 3 years, .

But I may be wrong.

J~

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I am about 95% sure that the last Caveman on earth, will be migrating from the Ohio valley to the Wine Country for at least one of those races, there are many variables at play...

Will he pimp a local ride and then drive it against the locals leaving the car better then when he arrives sparking an arms race of all arms races in western cali hemisphere...

Will he bring his car and that of a team mate, cars prepped as if they were headed to a championships...

Will he come for more then one race weekend... 

Will rob open his burger stand at the track...

Will there be a line of west coasters ready to show the caveman how to drive...

Stay tuned KIDS!  I will let all know well in advance!!!!!

K. Webb