Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

I knew something big was coming up but I had no idea it would be that bad.  It sucks when you can't see anything!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Nothing like a little high desert dust storm! You thought you knew where you were going! Imagine that scenario in a SM race on the first lap???  I wonder if NASA will have a plan for this in the Nationals?

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Region:Utah
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

Nothing like a little high desert dust storm! You thought you knew where you were going! Imagine that scenario in a SM race on the first lap???  I wonder if NASA will have a plan for this in the Nationals?

This is actually due to the MotoX track they are working on for the Lucas Oil Pro races this weekend.  I've talked to Roger Miller and he does have a plan in place for Nats (they have some vegetative spray and if that doesn't work, he'll send a water truck out as necessary.) I've raced here (every event for the last 3+ years) and this has *never* happened before.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

Cars off track can kick up similar dust at MMSP. I went blind into one such cloud three years ago and ended up off track, contributing to the cloud. It was pretty scary. Drove by brail to get out of there quickly lest I get nailed by the next one.

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

I wonder if NASA will have a plan for this in the Nationals?

Drive like hell and brake when you see God.  :rockband:

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jaime Florence

Jaime Florence

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:96

I really don't think that the motocross track had much to do with it.  The "thing" came from the West and swept down the front streight and pit-lane.  It might have picked up some ammo from the motocross track but it was going to be huge no matter what I think.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Did you drive on the "ring road" outside of the track?  There are huge piles of loose dirt just west of the track that weren't there before they started work on the MotoX track.  Hopefully they'll be gone by Nats.

NASA Utah SM Director

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Endurance race winner - Any endurance race wins Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata

Todd Green

Todd Green

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Live from Miller, as promised we've solved the dust problem.

But they do have water trucks if needed, and the large piles of lose dirt that were on the west end of the track are gone.  In fact there is a big pit there now (or was when I looked a few weeks ago.)

NASA Utah SM Director

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users