• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

What do you think?

Driver and team give 100% best effort to complete a race

Examples that are not acceptable

Offering a position for a favor or material benefit.

Offering a material benefit for track position

directing a driver to give up a position to the benefit of another driver

Intentionally causing a caution for benefit of another driver

Intentionally wrecking a competitor

Intentionally pitting/going to garage for the benefit of another competitor

NASACRs in the entertainment biz.

Don't they throw phantom cautions to make the show better?

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Sphinx

Sphinx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Region:ATL

Competition yellows, love 'em or hate 'em, do not (not intentionally anyway) help or hurt a particular driver in a pre-planned, contrived way.  Yes, it helps the show, but helping a particular driver/team is not its purpose.  Each team has, theoretically, an equal chance to gain or lose positions due to a comp yellow.

Honestly, I thought the rule change was necessary.  What Bowyer did was inexcusable.  What the Captain did, on the other hand, was "The Unfair Advantage."  Of course, the Captain has done other things over the years that have shown us why he is the Captain.  The stories about the 4 vs 5 lug wheels and the elevated gas cans from Mark Donohue's days are epic.

NASCAR put Gordon in the Chase to right a perceived wrong.  He got jacked through gamesmanship that was really unfair.  That was more of judgment call.  If I had to bet, I think NASCAR felt that someone messed with their product, they felt offended, and felt that they had to take action.  I think that the Penske situation would have been a non-issue had we not had the Bowyer fiasco to kick things off.  And they may have let Gordon stay out of the Chase, but the way it came together, I think they made the right call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users