Site Issues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Mike Oyler

Mike Oyler

• Administrators
  • 59 posts

Some issues cropped up today with php processing, the site may be up/down the rest of the day while I try to sort out the issues. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike Oyler

Memphis PC Guy

Mike Oyler Memphis PC Guy
Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

Thanks Mike

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Oyler

Mike Oyler

• Administrators
  • 59 posts

Issue located in with the Awards hook. I have disabled showing awards in posts while I work it out. Awards will still show in your profile and your name is still listed in the Awards tab.

Mike

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

Mike

not sure if the two are related, but the site has never been more responsive.

In the past few months the site has been very slow to load, even with 50MBps downpipe, slower than just about any site I visit

This morning it is as fast as any other site.

• Mike Oyler likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Mike also updated the site to the latest software.  I know Caesar had some custom tweaks in the site, when we have updated in the past, all those go away. Perhaps they were slowing it?

Please note anything you guys see missing now that was there before that you liked.

I noticed latest threads box is much shierter now, about  half the length

Thanks Mike, I agree with Danny, the site is WAY faster now

Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Bye the way, I like the new favicon

• Mike Oyler likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Much quicker this morning, thanks. :thumbsup:

• Muda and Mike Oyler like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Oyler

Mike Oyler

• Administrators
  • 59 posts

Needless to say we are still peeking and poking at it. Excuse our dust. Things get interesting when two people are under the hood at the same time... little things like DATABASE errors crop up momentarily :)

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

Site is much faster.  For a few days this week it would not load on my smart phone.  Now it comes up fast.  Recent topics list has changed.  Used to show the username and timestamp for the most recent entry.  Now it shows the username and timestamp for when the thread was created.  Prefer the former.

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Oyler

Mike Oyler

• Administrators
  • 59 posts

The block you are referring to appears to have been one of the performance issues. In researching our problems, it would seem having to go thru every post and matching them to every forum and then generating a "Active Content" block is a huge bottleneck. We are discussing alternatives (if any) and will keep you informed of our decision making. In the mean time, View New Content and the New Post indicators on the forum index will have to suffice. My brain hurts.

Mike Oyler

Memphis PC Guy

Randy Thieme

Randy Thieme

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:51

Understood.  Just edited my short-cut to point to "new content" instead.  I'm good.  :)

• Mike Oyler likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

The block you are referring to appears to have been one of the performance issues. In researching our problems, it would seem having to go thru every post and matching them to every forum and then generating a "Active Content" block is a huge bottleneck. 

Mike Oyler

Memphis PC Guy

Mike, JIm

Loving the new forum speed. I would be very content if you continued to leave out the "old Active Content block", if that is the reason for the speed increase.

However I cannot imagine that the Awards block is a bottleneck as that should be constant feed from the users profile, should be a relatively easy hook to access and display.

Danny

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

I probably view the site differnt then most of you, I dont have any notifications set or anything, I use one button!  "View New content" at the top right, when I use that button all recent posts post up, it shows who is the last to post in each particular thread.  I like the speed of the site, but then again I dont use the site to search archives or topics hardly ever and wouldnt miss it if that wasnt enabled. 

Please Oh please give daniel his awards back, it is not enough that he has them all listed in his signature, I cannot read so i need to see those visually!!!!

Some of the no frequent posters who, use the site for information and searches etc. should really wiegh in on this...

For me the forum is pure intertainament.  But many are here for purely different reasons.

K. Webb