• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
Registration is now open for the Atlanta Region's March Majors (BFG Southeast SuperTour) at Road Atlanta. Registration link is; http://www.msreg.com...014-ATL-MAR-MAJ
or can be found on the Atlanta Region's web site, http://www.atlantasc...mation/2014/01/

Dates for the Race are March 21 - 23 with a Road Atlanta Test Day on March 20.

The format for the Majors this year calls for a Sprint Race on Saturday (30 minute timed race) and a Feature Race on Sunday (20 laps or 40 minutes max).

Spring is a great time to be in North Georgia and the racing should be spectacular.

Sign up now, as always your credit card will not be charged until after the event.

See you at the track!!!

Nick Voigt
race.atlanta@gmail.com

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
There is Still Time to Register 

The first day of spring is officially March 20 (the vernal equinox) so let’s kick off Spring Racing with a Rush!!! In less than 30 days (March 21 – 23) the BF Goodrich Super Tour March Majors will take place at Road Atlanta, widely recognized as one of the best road courses in the world. Mark your calendars for March 21 – 23 and register soon, on-line registration ends on March 15. You can still register at the track but on-line is much easier and it gives us a chance to plan for you.

Here is the schedule at a glance:

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 Note: There is no pre-registration for the Road Atlanta Test Day
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Registration for Road Atlanta Test Day; SCCA weekend Registration & Express Tech
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM Road Atlanta gates are open for Paddock Move-in
Thursday, March 20, 2014 Road Atlanta open test day. This test day is provided by Road Atlanta and not covered under event sanction. Info can be found at http://www.roadatlanta.com
7:00 AM – 11:00 AM Registration for Road Atlanta Test Day; SCCA weekend Registration & Express Tech
7:00 AM – 9:00 PM Road Atlanta gates are open for Paddock Move-in
6:00 PM – 8:30 PM SCCA Driver, Crew, Guest and Race Staff Registration Open
Friday, March 21, 2014
7:00 am – 11:00 am SCCA Driver, Crew, Guest and Race Staff Registration
7:00 am – 9:00 pm Road Atlanta gates are open for Paddock Move-In
8:00 am Green Course   25 minute qualifying sessions, all groups
1:30 pm 15 minute qualifying sessions 
Saturday, March 22, 2014
7:00 am – 1:00 pm Driver, Crew, Guest and Race Staff Registration
8:00 am Green Course 10 Minute Seamless Qualifying, all groups
10:30 am 30-minute (timed) Sprint Races all groups
30 mins after shut down Social at the Chalet.  All participants are invited.
Sunday, March 23, 2014
7:00 am – 11:00 am Driver, Crew, Guest and Race Staff Registration
8:00 am (approx) Runoffs-style hardship warm-up laps (Out and In)
8:15 am 20-lap (or 40-minute) Feature Race, Group 1 & 2
10:00 am – 12:00 pm Lunch; Quiet Time – NO Race Engine Running!        (PDX sessions on track)
12:10 pm 20-lap (or 40-minute) Feature Races, Groups 3 - 8

We look forward to having you at a great track with good old fashion “Southern Hospitality”. We are counting that the bad weather is behind us so please join us for what is becoming the premier Spring racing event in the East. If you have any questions or need more information email us at race.atlanta@gmail.com .

See you at the track

Nick Voigt

Competition Director
Atlanta Region SCCA

nickatgt

nickatgt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

First, many thanks for those that have registered for the BF Goodrich Super Tour March Majors at Road Atlanta. Great turnout, here is what it looks like so far:

Group 1 - B-Spec, STL, STU, T2, T3, T4   54 ENTRIES

Group 5 - SM   51 ENTRIES

Thanks for your support, this is what we were hoping for. I would love to see more but that's my job. There is plenty of room.

There is still time, on-line registration closes this coming Saturday and we will take last minute registrations at the track. 

The weather steward has given us the green flag for a beautiful spring weekend in North Georgia. I look forward to seeing you at the track.

Nick

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

The weather steward has given us the green flag for a beautiful spring weekend in North Georgia. I look forward to seeing you at the track.

Nick

Unfortunately the weather steward in the northeast is throwing a black flag.  We should be lucky here, but some others to the north might struggle to get out to start the trek down south next week.  Can't wait!

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:46

2.54 times 25 equals 63.5.  As of now, 64 cars in Group 1, and 61 in Group 5.

Just sayin'.

Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Hum. the idea of the majors was to have fewer races, more competition, and better attended events.

I wonder if the needle has swung the other way. I like competition, I like well attended events, but I am not sure about this. 

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I think the March date at Road Atlanta has always been popular event even when it was just a National.  There is a few locations and events that seem to have a devoted following.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39

James - yes you are spot on but this is the best turnout in SM at Road Atlanta in a long time. The depth in this field is just incredible

Note to SCCA - Majors need to be at DESIRABLE tracks. Yes we all understand that you have to reward those regions that do a good job, but you are ABSOLUTELY undermining the value of the word MAJORS when you select a track that draws under 20 drivers to the SM class

Here's my list of tracks for MAJORS - others will debate my choice and add their own. I would love to see a SCCA NATIONAL MAJORS CHAMPIONSHIP (instead of conference championship) run at 8 of these tracks (and a few others) with your best 6 results counting towards the championship

• Road Atlanta
  • Sebring
  • Daytona
  • Barber
  • Road America
  • Mid Ohio
  • Laguna Seca
  • Watkins Glen

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Danny...Laguna Seca has history and is a fun track. Sonoma separates the talent quickly! IMO of course :D  

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57

Weather forecast looks P.D. Good!  Maybe a little chilly Sunday AM but otherwise very nice.

http://www.weather.c.../5-day/USGA0069

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

How about an entry list? 

Top 5 predictions????? All i'm hearing is crickets.... :ph34r: 

Ron

RAmotorsports

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I highlighted all the guys that fully expect to podium and or win this win in this field :) Add Cliff Brown And Alex Bolanos and that makes 15 people!  looks like atleast 9 of them will leave disappointed. 

Crazy!

My top five...

Drago

Berry

Clements

Steyn

Cliff Brown aka "Bo Duke", AKA "the General"

In any order, but I certainly like that one just fine :)

Jim

3 Anderson, Ben SM 1991 Mazda Miata BA Insights, Cobalt Friction Technologies Minneapolis, MN

1 Argow, Scott SM 1990 Mazda Miata Argow Racing Group/Rossini Engines Aventura, FL

77 Beaver, Kevin SM 1990 Mazda Miata Hackers Around the World Acworth, GA

129 Berry, T Craig SM 1999 Mazda Miata Berry Marble and Granite/EAST STREET RACING/Granite Remnant Store Tyler, TX

61 Brock, Skip SM 1999 Mazda Miata OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines Birmingham, AL

56 Brown, James SM 1999 Mazda Miata SouthCoastMotorsports Charleston, SC

27 Brown, Tom SM 1999 Mazda Miata Advanced Autosports/Custom Wireless Muskego, WI

41 Burdzy, Voytek SM 1999 Mazda Miata Advanced Autosports Shiller Park, IL

7 Cahall, Ted SM 1999 Mazda Miata Cahall Racing Chanhassen, MN

43 Carbonell, Andrew SM 1999 Mazda Miata BSI RACING Miami, FL

45 Cash, Mark SM 1999 Mazda Miata Pombo Racing / ChinMotorsports.com Kennesaw, GA

174 Catania, Joseph SM 1999 Mazda Miata CR Motorsport, Flatout Motorsport Cazenovia, NY

173 Catania, Lucas SM 1999 Mazda Miata CR Motorsport, Flatout Motorsport Cazenovia, NY

6 Clements, Blake SM 1999 Mazda Miata SP Induction/East Street Racing/OPM Autosports/Carbotech Houston, TX

09 Cottrell, Mike SM 1999 Mazda Miata sentry body shop /OPM autosports/Dirty South Wine.com. Atlanta, GA

74 Domo, Mark SM 1999 Mazda Miata TeethNThings.com Hydrofloss Broadview Heights, OH

2 Drago, Jim SM 2000 Mazda Miata East Street Racing Memphis, TN

70 Drennan, Mark SM 1999 Mazda Miata NoWifeNoKids, Hooverspeed, Riverbed San Jose, CA

153 Ferrara, Mike SM 1999 Mazda Miata Ferrara Photography Miatacage.com Park City, UT

12 Ghidinelli, Brian SM 1999 Mazda Miata RaceHero.io/MotorsportReg.com/TFB San Rafael, CA

66 Gibbons, Mark SM 2001 Mazda miata OLD DOGS RACING /ROSSINI ENGINES SouthwestRanches, fl

18 Goring, Jonathan SM 1999 Mazda Miata Jonathan Goring Motorsports, Alfas Unlimited Norfolk, CT

143 Gorriaran, Steven SM 1999 Mazda Miata GorillaRacing/Driven Performance/Racer Motors Providence, RI

17 Gregg, Whitfield SM 1994 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports New York, NY

68 Guinta, Joseph SM 2001 Mazda Miata POVOLEDO TRACK DAY BY JOEY G. POWER BY KESSLER ENGINEERING.CT West Hempstead, NY

4 Hart, Thomas SM 1999 Mazda Miata HART LAW, OPM, TiSpeed Summerville, SC

62 Holton, Paul SM 1999 Mazda Miata pholton.com/OPM Autosport/Crucial Motorsports Tallahassee, FL

81 Lamb, Todd SM 1999 Mazda Miata Cahall/Driving Coach/Hawk Performance Atlanta, GA

94 Landy, Forrest SM 1999 Mazda Miata Excitations.com, Hooverspeed Great Falls, VA

49 Landy, Sebastian SM 1999 Mazda Miata Excitations.com, Hooverspeed Great Falls, VA

25 Lawrence, Scott SM 1999 Mazda Miata Auto Technik North Fort Myers, FL

46 Leuci, Domenico SM 1999 Mazda Miata GreaterBingObGyn.com/Mechspecial.com Binghamton, NY

90 Leverone, Nick SM 1999 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports, Inc. Bellingham, MA

64 Linger, John SM 1999 Mazda Miata Panic Motorsports Chapel Hill, NC

44 Low, Ethan SM 1999 Mazda Miata   Clearwater, FL

24 Machavern, Dillon SM 2001 Mazda Miata Heritage, Panic, T-Speed Charlotte, VT

87 Mellen, Keith SM 1999 Mazda Miata Dreaming Tree Racing Joliet, IL

23 Miller, Jeff SM 1999 Mazda Miata SAC Racing Wayland, MA

14 Mills, Amy SM 1999 Mazda Miata Flatout Motorsports New York, NY

73 Moen, Daniel SM 1999 Mazda Miata Savings Auto Center Ludlow, MA

93 Naumburg, Peter SM 1999 Mazda Miata Advanced Autosports Albuquerque, NM

9 Novak, Michael SM 2002 Mazda Miata Roush / Caldwell Race Prep Highland , MI

42 Pardus, Preston SM 1999 Mazda Miata BSI Racing / Danus Utilities Port Orange, FL

79 Patterson, Spencer SM 1999 Mazda Miata   Pittsburgh, PA

82 Povoledo, Aaron SM 2001 Mazda Miata AARON POVOLEDO TRACK DAYS BY JOEYG. POWER BY KESSLER ENGINEERING.CT West Hempstead, NY

187 Rollan, Selin M. SM 1999 Mazda Miata Apex Alignment/BSI Racing/Rossini Racing Products Miami, FL

50 Rookey, Ralle SM 1999 Mazda Miata Rossini Racing Products, Northeast Industrial Floorings Suffield, CT

16 Rossini, Michael SM 2005 Mazda miata Rossini Engines Belews Creek, NC

63 Safriet, Philip SM 1999 Mazda Miata   Hendersonville, NC

47 Sandlin, L. Patrick SM 1999 Mazda Miata community Mortgage/East Street Racing Cordova, TN

59 Spence, Robert SM 1999 Mazda Miata Midtown Tire, Atlanta GA. Atlanta, GA

97 Stearns, Erik SM 2000 Mazda Mazda East Street Racing, Ed's 24 Hour Service, Dick's Auto Salvage Van Buren, OH

39 Steyn, Danny SM 1999 Mazda Miata ADEPT Studios / ROSSINI / OPM / TRAQMATE Fort Lauderdale, FL

08 Strong, Joseph SM 1999 Mazda Miata Blablakids.com Atlanta, GA

48 Tonelli, Peter Arthur John SM 2001 Mazda Miata Driven Performance / Westboro Motors Westborough, MA

69 Tsiounis, Yiannis SM 1999 Mazda Miata YUSHINO New York, NY

99 Webb, Kyle M. SM 2000 Mazda Miata Kiss My Grass Racing/East Street Racing, Racing Analytics, A to Z Landscaping, 5xracing Centerville, OH

28 Wechsler, John SM 1999 Mazda Miata Kessler Engineering, PovoledoTrackDays.com, OPM Greenwich, CT

Class Totals: SM: 58

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22

Hoping for my west coast guys to get those cars figured out. Rooting for them for some respectable finishes! Have fun everyone! 

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Ya got-to love it. I picked Drennan for my dark horse at the 2013 Runoffs. All I'm saying is folks must have forgotten about his history. Now he's an open pick to podium or win.

Drago, you picked a Brown (there are two) but didn't color code him and you left Voytek (I'll pick him to 3 or 4 of your picks, just saying) out of your top 15. :nonono:

27 Brown, Tom SM 1999 Mazda Miata Advanced Autosports/Custom Wireless Muskego, WI

:bigsquaregrin:

What's with or where's Todd Burras???

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Ya got-to love it. I picked Drennan for my dark horse at the 2013 Runoffs. All I'm saying is folks must have forgotten about his history. Now he's an open pick to podium or win.

Drago, you picked a Brown (there are two) but didn't color code him and you left Voytek (I'll pick him to 3 or 4 of your picks, just saying) out of you top 15. :nonono:

:bigsquaregrin:

My post fixed and what dumbass picked green, you cant even see it :)

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

Sorry, fix and change color to see it. Got it. :) 

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

My post fixed and what dumbass picked green, you cant even see it :)

Come on Dude, now your non-pick Voytek is green and Brown continues to be black. :bigsquaregrinn:
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:48

My top 5 pick

Drago

Steyn

Carbonell

Lamb if he isn't racing with Ted. If he is, replace with Voytek

Cliff Brown

In no particular order....

Good luck all and have fun!

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

svvs

svvs

do they sell spec training wheels yet?

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Region:NYR
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:12?

if I just read that right, less than 10% of the cars have pop up headlights.

Vick
www.volko.com
Black SM/SM2/"Slap Bracelet Throwback" #12 in the Northeast....if the car was made in the early 90's it should look like it.

1.6L forever!  Bring on your '99's and '01's!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation

JRHille

JRHille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Car Number:48

so any word on who won test day??  :)

• svvs likes this

1999 Spec Miata
Hilltrux - Roush - V2 Motorsports - ESR

BFG Supertour Winner - SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Majors Winner - Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users