- - - - - hardtop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Butters

Butters

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

I just picked up my first Miata and and on the search for a hardtop.  Where is the best place to look for one or does anyone know of any available.  My car is a 1995.  I have seen the aftermarket ones from treasurecoastmiata.com online however I would really like to find an original one.  If this might be to difficult does anyone have any experience with the tops from Treasure Coast Miata?  What is the quality of the product?  

I am sure I will be asking tones of questions as I am going to build a SM.  

I ordered the the constructors manual from Advance Autosport as i have read that lots of people swear by this manual. I am  just waiting for my copy to arrive. Darn weather has delayed UPS.

Thanks.

John Milliron

JohnButters Racing<p>NASA Mid-Atlantic Region

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

You have to have a factory top...Don't bother with an aftermarket one.

Craigslist is the best place.  You should be able to find one on any given day for $1,000.  Any less and you are ahead of the game.

• john mueller and Ron Alan like this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

Welcome, John.  As a relative SM newbie myself, I can say you're off to a good start getting the book from Advance and getting advice from folks here.

A hardtop isn't required, but everyone runs them because the car is slower without one.  I only mention this in case the lack of a hardtop prevents you from getting to an event.  If you run topless you'll need arm restraints.

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardtop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users