Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

Is the 99 console compatible with a 2002 dash?  Looking to see if the only differences are cup holders and such.  Does the front fit flush?

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

It does.. but the 01+ console is a PITA in a race car as the cup holders want to pop open when shifting. You have to secure the doors closed

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

And as a side note...the 01 center console is highly desirable among the 99-00 street crowd as an upgrade. Guys will line up to trade you or buy your 01+

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn Davis

Glenn Davis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Region:WDCR/Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Year:2002
  • Car Number:TBD

It does.. but the 01+ console is a PITA in a race car as the cup holders want to pop open when shifting. You have to secure the doors closed

Jim -

That's exactly why I wanted to put a 99 console with the dash in the 2002 that I'm building.

Thanks for the side note Ron.  Maybe I can work a barter somewhere...

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Think Racing

Think Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:DC Region
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:23
Jim, I noticed the '01 console in your photos and wanted to ask you if you'd sell it. :) it looks great, but want it for my '99.

Fred McConnell
www.sunoco.com

Marc Cefalo

Marc Cefalo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Region:NEPA
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:#00

01+ consoles bolt right into 99-00 chassis.  to use a 99-00 console in a 01-05 chassis you need to trim underneath towards the rear of the console to put it into the car.

there is larger unibody bracing in the trans tunnel of a 01-05 car that the 01-05 console clear yet the 99-00 ones do not unless modified slightly.  agree w the cup holder deal.  they pop open even on the street cars all the time.

Marc Cefalo

www.planet-miata.com

570-262-1013 direct

#1 source for new and used Miata parts and accessories.

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I put the 99 console into my 01 with trimming as Marc suggested because my traqmate fits perfectly into the 99, but not the 01.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88

Isn't this one of those no updating/backdating cars to different years issues where if it doesn't say you can than you can't? :hatchet:

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users