20 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Calling all SM'ers. Practice, qualifying, and 2 races for $100. March 5-6th, same format and price each day I believe. Great chance to get in a little pre-season practice in with NCRC. Did one of these last year and it was very low key and civil :D Kyle and I will be there...who else??

Last I checked, plenty of room in the race group. Keep our fingers crossed for dry weather!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
I will be there both days.

The info on AccuWeather they are saying 1.5in on Saturday and .19in on Sunday.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Duane Polsley

Duane Polsley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Region:SFR
Hey Ron,

I'm in for Sat Practice and Sunday Race. Should be fun. Are you driving ? A little rain only makes it more exciting.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Yelli1_*

Guest_Yelli1_*
  • Guests
Would love to come see that race w/rain, does sound interesting. We will be however in the lovely town of Gridley, CA as my oldest is racing his dirtbike that weekend.

Good luck everyone and be safe but have a blast!!

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Region:NorCal
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:27
I'm there for the weekend. Hoping for lots of SM and not too much rain.

Dennis
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Hey Ron,

I'm in for Sat Practice and Sunday Race. Should be fun. Are you driving ? A little rain only makes it more exciting.

No...just my usual spot from the tower. Sold the HPDE car.

Ron

RAmotorsports

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Number:38
Just signed up for Saturday race/open track. See everyone there.

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Guest_Yelli1_*

Guest_Yelli1_*
  • Guests
B) Have fun, be safe and I will wish for great weather for the race! Cannot wait to hear all about it (and see some video maybe?...) when you all get back! :D

Ray Meister

Ray Meister

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Car Number:38
Fun day on Saturday.

Ron, thanks for the coaching and encouragement - definitely better to focus on the car ahead than worry about the one behind.

Will, fun racing you that last lap of the second race.

Ray
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
I had an awesome weekend, had a nice mix of dry, wet, and damp.

Dennis and I had a fun race on Saturday, even though every time I would pass him I would loose the position fast due to rookiness. Today was pretty fun because Dewey was in the mix the three of us were pretty close in lap times and ability in the conditions. I found the limits a few times, more than I wanted. No contact with anything but close and extremely stupid.

This was Saturdays race....I had the camera aimed a little to high making the view through the windshield overexposed. Oh well. Tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Awesome weekend indeed. Dry Saturday (all but race 2) over the top and wet wet wet Sunday over the bypass. Great racing with Charlie and Dewey, and Brian in the Porsche 928 station wagon LeMons car. All good clean no-contact close racing.

My video highlights from the weekend.

Dennis
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Nice run Charlie! Considering you wont get your official license for another week your doing great!

I will preface what I'm going to say with(for those who think you have to be a driver...a great driver no less, to have an opinion)I'm not a driver! So take it for what its worth!

To much coasting and early breaking...this will get better with experience. After one lap of following someone, put where they were slower in your memory banks and take advantage the next time. You were letting Dennis dictate in places you looked to be faster. Really funny you tightened your helmet and seat belt right before your off in 1 :o Nice save and Dennis was good to check up in case you came back across the track. Good run Dennis!

We have a setting on our GoPro that will set exposure for either inside or outside the car...funny it was the opposite of yours and a little dark. I will post as soon as I figure out how to edit!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
And Kyle kicked butt on Saturday. He took SM pole and ran away from the rest of us in both races. He would have had 2 wins but for an unfortunate excursion in T10 when it was sprinkling in the second race. I've been out there myself more than once, and couldn't always blame a wet track!

Dennis

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Posted while I was typing Dennis! Good driving in the wet...I like when you yelled at D :D

Thanks for the comments on Kyle...I don't think he'll use wet track as an excuse as you'll see from the video...he just cooked it in there!

Ron

RAmotorsports

Guest_Yelli1_*

Guest_Yelli1_*
  • Guests
Great racing guys, you all deserve the day off today!!!! B)

Duane Polsley

Duane Polsley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I had a great time playing around in the rain, Thanks Dennis, Charlie and that 928 wagon. Wish we had more cars in the race but the rain scared them off.
Heres my video of Sundays second race.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Yelli1_*

Guest_Yelli1_*
  • Guests
Great racing guys! Darn that rain but you all did great keeping it on all fours. Love the way Dewey says he had fun playing around in the rain with you guys. Sounds and looks like a lot of work to me!

Good camera placement D! B) You could see the whole track in front of you.

Love those videos from everyone, keep em' comin'

Congrats to all!!

Guest_Yelli1_*

Guest_Yelli1_*
  • Guests
Nevermind, everyone have a great day and happy racing! See ya! B)

Dennis

Dennis

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the video Dewey. That race was juuuuust long enough for me, glad we didn't have another lap!

Ron I noticed in Saturday Race 2 that when it starts raining the first place that gets slippery is T10. It is the only place on the track where there is a downhill braking zone. I'm thinking when it starts to rain and you back off a bit, that if you don't back off a bit more for T10 you can go off. I started sliding there around lap 7. That's what happened to my car in the 25 and it went all the way to the tire wall and took out the light bar! (un-named driver).

Dennis

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
Here is the first 10 minutes of our 2nd race. Looks like as Kyle re-grabs the car during the drift the wheels are still pointed just off line enough to jump the car off track...then he was done. You'll have to watch to see if he hits the wall :o

Note to us and others...don't sit in the tall grass if you can move the car! Not much danger this day but as I was telling Kyle on the radio...move!

Thanks Dennis, Charlie, Dewey and Ray for a fun day! Fire away!

Ron

RAmotorsports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users