2015 SM National Tour
This racing program is designed to bring additional exposure to Spec Miata by providing recognition of those drivers that excel at a variety of tracks and events on a National level. These are the guidelines, standards and procedures of the Spec Miata National Tour (SMNT).
1. Participant Eligibility: The SM National Tour is open to all drivers eligible to race in SCCA Majors events.
2. Vehicle Eligibility: The program is open to any GCR legal Spec Miata.
3. Sponsor Requirements: All cars must meet any sponsor-mandated decal and/or usage requirements to be eligible for additional sponsor-provided prizes. These requirements will be communicated via the SMNT forum on MazdaRacers.com prior to the race weekend they become effective.
4. â€œOpen-Hoodâ€ Policy: All SMNT event competitors agree to allow a non-invasive visual inspection of any component of their car up to one hour before a scheduled track session by any host organization tech inspector or registered SMNT entrant/driver. This also extends to any Impound sessions required by the hosting organization.
5. SMNT Segments: The two segments that make up the SM National Tour are as follows:
A. The best ten race points finishes at designated SMNT events.
B. The SCCA National Championship event (i.e. â€“ the Runoffs Â®)
6. Designated SMNT events:
A. All events will be Majors weekends, thus making them double race weekends.
B. There will be a maximum of fourteen (14) SMNT designated events in any season.
7. Points Structure: SM National Tour points will be awarded for finishing position based on the official results for each Designated using the same points structure as the current year Majors program.
In addition, each driver receives a bonus point for every competitor s/he finishes ahead of up to a maximum of ten (10) bonus points.
The SCCA Runoffs Â® will be a double points event.
8. SM National Tour Winner: The driver with the most points accumulated in both segments will be declared the SMNT National Champion. Any ties will be broken first by head to head competition, then number of race wins, then number of seconds, then number of thirds, etc. in all Segments, even if that extends to more than ten races. If the tie still persists, finishing position at the Runoffs Â® will make the final determination.
9. Contingency Awards: Any additional monetary and/or merchandise awards will be distributed as specified by the sponsor(s).
10. SM National Tour Officials: The SMNT Officials shall consist of the Administrator, SMNT Tech team, and a Steering Committee. Each official is nominated and approved by majority vote of the remaining officials.
10.1 The Administratorâ€™s duties include
A. Co-ordinate the efforts of the Steering Committee
B. Act as recording secretary and post the SM National Tour rules
C. Assist and be responsible to the Steering Committee
D. Maintain and communicate the point standings for the SM National Tour
E. Retain copies of official results for any disputes that should arise
F. Make current points standing available on the website
G. Make an award list at the end of the season and post it in the final points standings
10.2 The SMNT Tech team duties include
A. Work with each eventâ€™s tech team to coordinate SM compliance checking efforts
B. Maintain records of any non-compliant parts found
10.3 The Steering Committee Memberâ€™s duties include
A. develop and enforce the rules, standards and procedures for the SM National Tour
B. provide the cooperative leadership and organization of the SM National Tour
C. separately represent and act as liaison for the SM drivers in their part of the country
D. separately represent and act as liaison to SM National Tour events in their part of the country
Current SM National Tour Officials
SMNT Tech Team:
11. The following events will make up the 2015 Spec Miata National Tour:
SOWDiv event (COTA?)
Cal Club event
Bowling Green / NOLA
2015 SCCA Runoffs Â®
Daytona Beach FL
This is just a start... let me know what you think. Suggestions and volunteers welcome. I am coming to the end of volunteering, but I would help get this opff the ground. A title sponsor would be paramount. I think we have one hell of a procduct and a large community of motorsports ambassadors.