Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:32
42 SM's signed up as of today. Going to be interesting. Big Jim's first time at track and Blake will be back from overseas. Steve Ott has come to play - and then we have several top ten Runoff finishers and a NASA champion. Anyone who wants top ten is going to have to earn it in this crowd. Also interesting to note that 21 of the entrants are 99's and up (one 2000). I remember being lonely in my 99 just 2 years ago.

Craig J
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03
I am looking forward to this event. It should be fun and competative. Like you said, whoever wins, will have accomplished something significant.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
I got an email saying they were going to have a winner's circle with champaigne this time!
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

I got an email saying they were going to have a winner's circle with champaigne this time!

Yea, apparently the scca muckity-mucks are coming by.

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Yea, apparently the scca muckity-mucks are coming by.

Don't talk about Drago like that, James!

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

James York

James York

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Don't talk about Drago like that, James!

He's the grand Poobah, not to be confused with a muckity-muck.

James York

sponsored by:

powered by:

2003 Spec Miata

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
I'm not racing this weekend but I'll be at the track. I'll have live updates on Facebook and twitter.

http://www.facebook....zoY/69154055694
http://www.twitter.com/Yozoy

Or checkout Yozoy.com later for pics and vids.

Good luck everyone

CV
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Number:40
(Double post, deleted)

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
SCCA Live Timing
http://livetiming.net/scca/supertour/
Blake Clements on pole
(ETA for SM Sat start ~ 3:30pm cst)

Toby Linder

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Race Report anyone??? Bueller, anyone?

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997

Race Report anyone??? Bueller, anyone?

McSpadden, Clements, Reynolds

Both days
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Results:http://www.mylaps.co...t.jsp?id=630410

From SCCA Media Services:
"
Group 5 housed the largest class of the weekend, with Aaron McSpadden, of Round Rock, Texas, topping a 40-car Spec Miata field at Texas World Speedway after a thrilling battle with Blake Clements.

With Matt Reynolds, McSpadden and Clements broke away from the rest of the field during the race’s opening laps. Clements and McSpadden eventually left Reynolds behind as well, battling between each other for the win. Clements tried for three laps to get past McSpadden going into Turn 1 before making a pass with a surprise move in Turn 10 on lap eight.

On lap 13, McSpadden moved to the outside in turn one, with Clements moved to the outside to defend the move. That defensive maneuver left the door open to the inside in turn three, however, which McSpadden took advantage of before racing to a 0.334-second final victory.

McSpadden turned the fastest lap of the race in a time of 1:59.535 (87.338 mph).

Reynolds finished third, followed by Gale Corley and John Phillips"

Toby Linder

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

Results:http://www.mylaps.co...t.jsp?id=630410

From SCCA Media Services:
"
Group 5 housed the largest class of the weekend, with Aaron McSpadden, of Round Rock, Texas, topping a 40-car Spec Miata field at Texas World Speedway after a thrilling battle with Blake Clements.

With Matt Reynolds, McSpadden and Clements broke away from the rest of the field during the race’s opening laps. Clements and McSpadden eventually left Reynolds behind as well, battling between each other for the win. Clements tried for three laps to get past McSpadden going into Turn 1 before making a pass with a surprise move in Turn 10 on lap eight.

On lap 13, McSpadden moved to the outside in turn one, with Clements moved to the outside to defend the move. That defensive maneuver left the door open to the inside in turn three, however, which McSpadden took advantage of before racing to a 0.334-second final victory.

McSpadden turned the fastest lap of the race in a time of 1:59.535 (87.338 mph).

Reynolds finished third, followed by Gale Corley and John Phillips"

SCCA came out with a nice recap of the battle, but its not exactly right. Aaron passed me in turn 10, not me passing him.

We had a knock out drag out battle both days and had a heck of a race. I set another new qualifying record at 1:58.5, which is .4 better than the lap that I set last year. I missed the set up a bit both days due to the heat in the track in the afternoon as compared to the morning. I pulled out all the stops, but it wasn't enough to get that top step of the podium.

Looking forward to getting back on the track at Road Atlanta in the SEDiv, my second home.

Blake

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Region:SOW
  • Car Number:14
Congratulations to Gale Corly on the 4th place finish in a very competitive field and JP3 on his 5th place finish and the 1st 1.6. I think only one other 1.6 was in the top 15. Most of the top 20 were 99s.

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

Congratulations to Gale Corly on the 4th place finish in a very competitive field and JP3 on his 5th place finish and the 1st 1.6. I think only one other 1.6 was in the top 15. Most of the top 20 were 99s.

JP3 was driving my 1.8 1997.

Blake Clements

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
Congratulations
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Thanks for the hospitality guys. The field was tough, the track was fun. T1 and T2 is a real neck stretcher. By the time I felt like I was getting up to speed, I had the exhaust valve issue and that demoted me to spectator. It was a great race to watch, obviously I am biased and wished Blake had pulled off the win, but both Blake and Aaron drove incredible races. I don't think many in SM could compete at that level, including myself. I felt like I could possibly race for forth on Sunday, but that was about it. Blake, AAron and Matt were out of reach IMO. Maybe in May :)
I felt like a could have turned a low 00 on Sunday and if all the stars aligned, maybe a high 59. That was with help from many, Blake, James York, Craig Jansen and Berry.

I enjoyed seeing most all of my favorite Texans (even Kent and Willie) :D and really missed my favorite all time Texan in Mac Spikes. It seemed like at anytime, he would pop up behind me, drop his paw on my shoulder and with his patented drawl, say "Hey Partner." I miss that guy. :(

Thanks again for all the help and hospitality. Even though no one had a head or exhaust valves for me to race with on Sunday, not even Ed. I bet had Karl been there, he would have fixed it for me. :)
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:91
Good to see you, Jim. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the perfect conditions on Sunday!! I guess you get credit for the first engine failure in the 'lean era' :unsure:

Great to see that Singapore and all those HongKongHookers haven't stripped Blake of his form.

My thanks to the rest of the SM1.6 class for racing like gentlemen. It was rude of some members of the SM99 group to fall back and interfere in our race. Nevertheless, I have to be pleased with my top 5 finishes on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Cnj likes this
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Good to see you, Jim. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the perfect conditions on Sunday!! I guess you get credit for the first engine failure in the 'lean era' :unsure:

Great to see that Singapore and all those HongKongHookers haven't stripped Blake of his form.

My thanks to the rest of the SM1.6 class for racing like gentlemen. It was rude of some members of the SM99 group to fall back and interfere in our race. Nevertheless, I have to be pleased with my top 5 finishes on Saturday and Sunday.

Kent
I think my lean era started in 2006? :P I was actually too rich, neither caused my issue. Just hammered exhaust valve up into seat. Common problem, easy fix, but put me out none the less.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
Congrats to all - sorry about your race JD. I look forward to seeing you all at Road Atlanta in a couple of weeks

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users