pitbull113

pitbull113

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1994
  • Car Number:01 ITA

I'd like to install a warning light in my '94 Miata. I have a mechanical gauge with the sender in the upper radiator hose but I'm not sure where to install the sender for the warning light. Can I splice in to the OEM sensor in the back of the head? Will that even send the proper signal to a warning light? Is there somewhere else I can install the sensor that came with the kit? TIA.

Steve Elicati
1994 ITA miata #01

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

First things first, do you have a high temperature warning light or a low pressure warning light. The reason for me asking is that I am of the belief that a low system pressure warning is an issue that is not  noticed untill the engine is over heated/damaged. I guess both would be good.

Ground it to any part of the motor and pick up any positive wire under the hood that is turned on and off with the ignition key.  

Do you have an Advanced AutoSports type aluminum addaptor in your front upper hose? If yes, it has another taped hole 180* from the hole your mechanical gauge is installed in. Or tap another hole in your adaptor.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pitbull113

pitbull113

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Yes it's a high temp warning. I was planning on adding a low pressure light down the road but should just do it now with the install of the new gauges. So now I need another spot to install a sensor. Where's the best spot for the low pressure sensor assuming I already have two sensors in the upper hose?

Steve Elicati
1994 ITA miata #01

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Where's the best spot for the low pressure sensor assuming I already have two sensors in the upper hose?

If the upper hose connector in the hose is aluminum, drill and tap as required for you 3rd. Should be plenty of room.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

pitbull113

pitbull113

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Thank you sir.

Steve Elicati
1994 ITA miata #01

1 user(s) are reading this topic