- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Check out the full add in the classifieds here http://mazdaracers.c...em&item_id=1541

I'm putting together a data seminar November 20&21 in Manchester, NH. Jorge Segers, author of "Analysis Techniques for Race Car Data Acquisition" will be presenting with topics covering vehicle balance, stability, wheel loads, weight transfer, aerodynamics, shock tuning, and the use of IR tire and brake temps to tune chassis balance and stability. You will also receive a copy of the second edition of his book ($110 value). A fantastic benefit is receiving the math channel syntax for most popular data systems. You can see more info at http://www.trailbrak...rs-seminar.html

The cost of the seminar is $1,250 per person. I have worked out a discount at the hotel where the seminar will be presented. The hotel includes a continental breakfast and I will provide snacks and lunch on both days of the seminar. Manchester-Boston Regional Airport is a 10 minute drive from the hotel and has frequent flights in and out through Delta, United, US Airways, and Southwest. 

This is the sort of session that will give you the knowledge to improve your car engineering and driving. There is no doubt this session will help you move up in the field or increase your dominance!

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

So there are 239 views and no one has any questions or comments?

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Well, the price probably feels rather steep for a class which can't make use of much of that information, and only a percentage would be likely to use the rest.

Personally, my interest is broader than SM and I do all my own build & prep, so I might be interested but the additional travel expenses on top of the fee make it too steep.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41
^this.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I understand it's expensive, but figure in total it will cost about a race weekend when you factor everything in. What you learn will be amazing. Just taking a quick look at what will be presented, over 3/4 of the seminar will be directly applicable to you and your car with a basic set of sensors and a couple of supplied math channels. The balance will show you the why and how to look further at your car and to figure out how to improve both the car and the driver. More importantly, you will learn the thought process of a world class engineer, so when you are stuck at a driving plateau or faced with a car problem, you will have the tools to work through it.

Throw in special discounts on AiM products, a display from Texense Sensors (www.sens4speed.com), and time with some of the best minds in the country, and you have an amazing event. It's not cheap, but great things rarely are. If you want to learn the best data practices and methods, how to analyze yourself and the car, and how to beat your competition with what you've learned, this is the session to do it in.

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

If you throw in a Miata cylinder head for all the attendees you'll be oversold in a heartbeat. 

Seriously if this were held in my area I'd consider attending.  

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Sorry, what's the difference between yours and Roger Caddell's Aim Webinars I believe he's done for Free and video taped and posted online ??

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Sorry, what's the difference between yours and Roger Caddell's Aim Webinars I believe he's done for Free and video taped and posted online ??

J~

Great question! Roger has put together some great seminars that AiM has on their Vimeo channel (along with lots of other great videos). Think of this seminar as Roger on super steroids. Like going from Steve Erckl to the Hulk. We will get all the way into driver development, engine performance monitoring, chassis balance and performance, and metrics to see how you car changes throughout the session. This link is a really great explanation of all the topics covered in this session http://files.js-engi...ochure 2014.pdf

Some of the folks attending this session are from the top level racing teams in the country, the top setup people, and the best coaches. 

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

Mark

Mark

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Region:Sopac

I love the stuff that Roger does but I am sure this seminar will go much deeper and take data analysis to the next level. Worth every cent I am sure. I wish it were closer. Is the seminar content based on any particular data system manufacturers product?

Mark

Mark
markn@ironcanyonmotorsports.com
Iron Canyon Motorsports

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I love the stuff that Roger does but I am sure this seminar will go much deeper and take data analysis to the next level. Worth every cent I am sure. I wish it were closer. Is the seminar content based on any particular data system manufacturers product?

Mark

The seminar is about concepts and analysis, not how a particular system works, so it is applicable to any system. To make things better, the math channels used will be presented to everyone ready to use for all the popular data systems. This will make it very easy to start applying what you have learned.

I know the travel is hard, but Manchester-Boston Regional Airport has cheap Southwest flights along with service from all the major carriers. Round trip flights from most places are not too expensive (less than $500 from LAX). The hotel is very reasonable and has a free airport shuttle. I did my best to make the session as reasonably priced as possible. 

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I still have a few spots available if any more folks want to get in. The group of people coming to the seminar is very, very good.

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

Bi11

Bi11

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Florida

How many people are going? Just curious

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Right now there is just under 20 people signed up.

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

TrailBrake

TrailBrake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I'm not sure that anyone from here attended, but I thought I'd give a quick report. Wow. My expectations for Jorge were very high and he exceeded them by a lot. We covered many, many great methods of driver development and then moved into chassis development on the second day. Not to give his secrets away, but there are a few things that most of us do wrong and are easy to correct. For anyone, especially those in a spec class like SM, they could make all the difference. He also covered some really great methods to objectively determine what brake pads work best for a certain driver and car, race strategy decisions, and some great ways to use tire temps to determine chassis balance. Having reps from Pagid and Pierre from Texense Sensors there was a bonus so we could see and hear some of the latest developments from them.

The icing on the cake was seeing and hearings some info from DTM where Jorge is currently working. We're not allowed to share some of what he showed us, but I can say it was eye opening. The things they do on that level are even higher than you think. Now if I was only a software programmer........

Matt Romanowski

www.TrailBrake.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users