Photo

Any central Connecticut drivers want to show off their car and get a few new fans?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Magical Trevor

Magical Trevor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

Hope it's not too much to be asking publicly but I'd like to know if anyone would be kind and willing enough to represent with a little bit of road racing promotion in Newington, CT on April 2.

I have jobs at Lime Rock and with the Skip Barber Racing School besides volunteering for all NER and some other SCCA events but there's not much work in the winter (yet), so the past few years I've been employed at PETCO Animal Supplies for the colder months. They've got a nice event which they try to associate with motorsports called the Hamster Ball Derby, and it's quite what it sounds like.

Kids and families show up with their little rodents in plastic balls and race them down a four-wide track!

I wanted to bring together my occupations so I arranged for LRP to award tickets, apparel and goodie bags for the winners and participants, along with authentic signage and even the winner's circle backdrop. You can see photos from last year's fun at the facebook event page. NER IT/SS drivers Dave Gran and Kai Noeske, Stephanie Economu, Jeff Lawton and Grant McStay were very nice to have helped out in 2010, leading us to host 16 derby competitors with their families in addition to the regular shoppers.

We're fortunate to have a lot of space in the parking lot out front and adjacent (the Office Depot next door closed a few years ago) and it is a good opportunity to show the locals (who I'm convinced haven't seen much of anything like this) what our events consist of - cool cars and people. Kids really enjoyed getting to sit in the drivers' seats and receive autographs and "battle stories".

This is only a one day thing and not particularly high-volume (the store does have the most people around on Saturdays though, especially considering the dozens not there to shop or participate in the derby but to get vaccinations for their dog or cat), so I'd like to ask if anyone with a short tow distance would be able to help represent Lime Rock's SCCA-style road racing.

The place is at 188 Kitts Lane, just off the Berlin Turnpike and quickly reached from Routes 9 and I-91 from the south, and I-84/I-91 via Route 15 from the north.

If you can't make it, I hope to see you at LRP or NHMS come springtime!

-Trevor

P.S. Just got to the new site; not best to plea like this on a first post but my sm.com login, though rarely voiced, was created in 2007-just FYI!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users