1 reply to this topic

Charlie James

Charlie James

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey Mike,
What are the thoughts and plans on SEO?
I have seen switchovers like this end up losing ground in regards to SERPs if we're not careful.
Are we keeping SM.com live or will it be redirected to the new section?
Are we planning on setting up 301 redirects to keep as much page strength as possible?
Can we rename page urls with the new software or is it hardcoded?
Just a few things as I was looking around.
Site looks better and more up to date.
Good job,
Charlie

http://www.SafeRacer.com

2013 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Guest_Admin_*

Guest_Admin_*
  • Guests
My plan is to 301 redirect SMugshots immediately upon opening and Classifieds 90 days afterwards. We will provide free classifieds here for those initial 90 days to kick start the content.

Forums.specmiata.com will be kept intact, but placed into an an archive state which will not allow new posts or edits. We will modify the existing specmiata.com wrappers to announce the change-over and to provide links to their counter parts here at Mazdaracers.com. (The custom templates for treadzone, saferacer etc. will provide links directly to their forum here)

Handling the forum in that fashion should keep us from losing points at both sites for duplication while providing Mazdaracers.com a boost in the Mazda Spec Miata Racing keyword categories.

As for renaming the urls ... after 10 years of Microsoft we have gone with a linux server this time so I have more options available such as mod_rewrite etc.. The software also has quite a bit of flexibility so please don't hesitate to make suggestions, we want this to benefit everyone involved.

Great question, Thanks!

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users