• Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Can I ask what it will be?

castration! 

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

castration! 

Out patient surgey, keep on racing.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

While GC testing is available, at best each host region only has one kit to do the test.  Protest your buddy on the first day running legal fuel so the kit gets used then run what you brung the rest of the weekend...

I have already seen this tactic used by more than one of the "players" in SM.

Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
And the game continues....
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

While GC testing is available, at best each host region only has one kit to do the test.  Protest your buddy on the first day running legal fuel so the kit gets used then run what you brung the rest of the weekend...

I guess I need to order extra kit of my own and leave it on the trailer just in case ;(  

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Note to self- Order extra GC testing kits for upcoming races including NOLA. Done!

Thanks all.

• Mike Collins, Jim Drago, pitbull113 and 1 other like this

wheel

wheel

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Region:KC
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:20

I think the CCC needs to carry a six pack to the next event.  ;-)

• Mike Collins likes this

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
I think the importance of Mikes email might be missed. Compliance is not something that is achieved. It is something that you have to have an active and dynamic program for.

Hence why I say: deeper, on fewer cars, more often, more consistently.

On fewer cars because it has to be done more often and consistently. With that, doing everyone under the sun for every race is too much burden and not needed. Because you are looking deeper more often................etc, etc.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Jamz14, you pm box will not take a pm.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Hope fully it is clear now bench.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

High Chair

High Chair

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:97

When is the 2016 MX5 coming out?? Time to move on!

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Finally watched Danny's video, parts of it many times. I'm at a disadvantage in that I have never raced Sebring so I am judging who's taking the best line etc. based only on what I can see in the video, which is all the more difficult with such a bumpy track. That said, for the first 25 minutes I got good at recognizing who had better exit speed and would have an advantage to the next brake point. When Danny clearly had the advantage he was able to close up and even gave Dillon a little nudge a couple times, but never had enough to even consider a pass. But to that point the most striking thing was how little he normally benefitted from the draft. In these cars, at those speeds, if you are within a few car lengths and not gaining ground at a decent clip then you have less power. Even when Danny was less than a length back he closed the gap only very slowly, and it wasn't due to poor exit speed or still scrubbing off speed fighting push at track-out. Pick a point where both are pointed straight and at equal speed, and if the trailing car doesn't start closing the gap then it's down on power or dragging a parachute. Then watch from the 25 minute mark and Dillon's car acts more like it should with a draft. Don't watch the rear camera, that distorts the distance and so exaggerates the closing speed, but in the rear view mirror the difference is still obvious. Watch him exit the corner just before the pass. It appears that Danny actually carries as much speed or even a bit more but once Dillon gets the wheels straight he catches and passes Danny with ease. I'd like to know the exit speed of the corner but that looks like a high 4th draft-by and unlike anything Danny was able to do even with a clear exit speed advantage.

I have no knowledge of either car and there are plenty of reasons other than cheating why one might be faster than the other, so I'm not implying anything. But I do understand Danny's frustration, and confusion if things seemed much closer the next day. Again, there are various possible reasons for that. But it appears to me that Dillon had the superior car on Saturday, and if they were closer on Sunday then it might be interesting to watch that race as well.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users