Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:19

My first SCCA event will be at the season opener next month and since I obviously don't have a permanent number, looking for recommendations on options for temporary numbers.  What are the folks that don't have permanent numbers typically doing, given the short time frame between when numbers are finalized and the event? 

Thanks in advance!

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

"Permanent" numbers are only recognized in a driver's home Division, meaning if you ever roadtrip to another division you may have to change your number.

Pick a number(s) that is easily changed using tape or vinyl that is close in color to the background of your number. Examples: a 3 can become a 6, 8 or 9; an 8 can become a 0, 6 or 3; a 7 can become a 1 and vice versa; and so on.

In other words, pick a number you like and "permanently" stick it on your car.

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Okay, makes sense.  Thanks much, Walter!

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Randy...there is a permanant list somewhere on our local SCCA site. If you cant find it call Sherry Grant or Lisa Diamond at TH. There are a few numbers that are unassigned and maybe you can start there...just be the first to sign up with it! Also, I think 01-09 are not permanantly assigned and up for grabs on a first come first serve basis. I can also help you find a number that is assigned to someone who may be long gone or not going to race this year! As far as numbers go...try this! He is local to you and a good guy!

Icutstickers.com

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Great!  Thanks, Ron.  I did grab one of the numbers that was not currently assigned as a permanent and was the first one to register with it, but wasn't sure if there would be some more juggling going on between now and the event or if I could assume I'll get it and go ahead on order a set.  I just reached out to your guy

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Who keeps the permanent numbers for your Division? Find out who it is and contact them. I keep SEDiv numbers and will always help someone new get a number. It helps everyone including registration, the timing folks and the drivers. Reason is registration doesn't have to deal with you since the on line system recognizes you as the owner of the number, the timing folks already have you in their system and the driver has one less thing to fool with prior to a race.

For anyone is SEDiv needing a number, go to www.sedivracing.org and look under the permanent numbers section. Number assignments end in March so "get'er done"! ("That's southern for please do not procrastinate and whine when you miss the deadline").

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990

SCCA SFR permanent numbers here: http://www.sfrscca.o...um2015jan26.pdf

+1 on Richard Lucquet for local stickers and numbers.  He's in Sunnyvale and on this forum as fotostars iirc.

For others facing a similar challenge, this generic DIY number sticker kit from Pegasus is very useful.  I ran with those for a couple of years.

https://www.pegasusa...sp?Product=3354

3354.JPG

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Spoke with Sherry at the Regional office and all set now.  Thanks all!

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

I saw those generic DIY numbers as well, Alberto.  I picked an available number from the permanent list on our region site, but also found out that it gets updated (but not reposted) almost daily so the number I that showed open when I selected it and still shows available in the PDF, has since be claimed as a permanent.  Sherry was great though, so I should be good to go get some vinyl cut.  I work in Sunnyvale so once I hear back from Richard, I can hopefully check one more thing off my list...

SCCA SFR permanent numbers here: http://www.sfrscca.o...um2015jan26.pdf

+1 on Richard Lucquet for local stickers and numbers.  He's in Sunnyvale and on this forum as fotostars iirc.

For others facing a similar challenge, this generic DIY number sticker kit from Pegasus is very useful.  I ran with those for a couple of years.

https://www.pegasusa...sp?Product=3354

3354.JPG

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Car Year:1990

Sherry is awesome.  Richard is cool too even though he's French  :duck:   :hugegrin:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Creighton

Jim Creighton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Region:Atlanta
  • Car Number:53

Link for SEDiv permanent numbers is www.sedivracing.org

Also find schedules, points. rules, contacts, etc.

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

Sherry is awesome.  Richard is cool too even though he's French  :duck:   :hugegrin:

:banana:  :nonono:

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

fotostars

fotostars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:63

I just reached out to your guy

Hi Randy!

I just sent you a PM. My website failed to send me your form... I think I have it fixed now.

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Just closing the loop.  Richard and I connected and he's got my order.  Thanks all for the help / guidance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users