Chris D.

Chris D.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:SM #40
Yikes, I've already had two of the bumpstops in my Fat Cat kit come unglued and now one of the upper spring perches has come off as well! :o

Has anyone devised a more permanent method of attaching these parts? It seemed a little goofy to me to be using Gorilla Glue in a race car suspension....for any suspension actually.

It makes me nervous to think what will happen if a spring happens to become unloaded in the midst of a turn and that upper perch doesn't quite pop back in the same spot. :blink:

Chris Dilluvio

Farmington Hills, MI

Cy Peake

Cy Peake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:7
Mine too. Pull them off and apply more gorilla. I didn't bother to glue the bumpstops.

-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing

2011 + 2013 NER STU Champion

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Yikes, I've already had two of the bumpstops in my Fat Cat kit come unglued and now one of the upper spring perches has come off as well! :o

Has anyone devised a more permanent method of attaching these parts? It seemed a little goofy to me to be using Gorilla Glue in a race car suspension....for any suspension actually.

It makes me nervous to think what will happen if a spring happens to become unloaded in the midst of a turn and that upper perch doesn't quite pop back in the same spot. :blink:

I notice my right front came off too. I took a wire brunch on the end of a drill and cleaned off the old glue re glued it with Gorilla glue and I must not have kept enough pressure on it as it did not hold. so I bought some two part epoxy glue and re cleaned the surface and That did it. Solid now.

I have heard of guys drilling a hole into the mettal frame and using a tie wrap. I have not done that.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Keith Novak

Keith Novak

Steadily Improving Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Region:Northwest/Oregon
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:88
Little bitty zip ties...

I originally put them on to see if I was hitting the bump stops. I was, but apparently that's not such a bad thing. When you do hit the bump stops, it will push that little zip tie up and prevent the bump stop from sliding down the shock.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users