4 replies to this topic

miata4me

miata4me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:91

My son's 99 Miata had a small water leak at the back of the head.  After doing some investigation I found the source of the leak.  There is a housing on the back of the head which l removed.  I assume this is the temp sensor housing.  I removed it and looked at the gasket.  It appeared to be ok so I was confused as to why it was leaking.  A closer look confirmed that the housing is cracked. 

Do these housings crack often?

Is this referred to as the temp sensor housing?  I need to know what to ask for when I call the dealer tomorrow.  If anyone knows the part number, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Dealer?  Most of us get OEM parts from Mazda Motorsports at the wonderful racer discount.  :)

It's called a water outlet on the parts diagram BP4W-15-179

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

miata4me

miata4me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Car Number:91

Thanks Alberto! I have bought a lot of stuff through Mazda Motorsports but I need this for an event on Sunday so if the local dealer has it that is where I will go.

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Mazdaspeed can next day i believe if you are in a pinch

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

RazerX

RazerX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Region:N. Cal
  • Car Number:11

Or a junkyard....

- Speed

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users