Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM
We are finally up and open.

Cincinnati Region of the SCCA is proud to present the "Escape The Sinkhole" double regional event at the newly openened National Corvette Museum Motorsport Park on June 12-14, 2015. Friday will be a practice day since most drivers have not driven the track before. We will be running the 3.15 mile Grand Course. Being the inaugural SCCA Club Race event at the facility, each class willl be setting a track record. Saturday and Sunday will have qualifying sessions in the morning, followed by races in the afternoon. Registration is open on MotorsportReg for drivers at http://www.motorspor...51#.VSz9uPnF-JQ, and workers at http://www.motorspor...6#.VSx7BvnF9V0.

You don't want to miss this event!

Jerry
  • FTodaro likes this

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

I am so f'ing bummed about this deal. I've been looking forward to this event since it was announced - it was going to be my season opener - and of course it falls on the same weekend as a family event that I can't get out of. :raincloud:

With the dearth of Great Lakes events I won't start racing this year until mid-July. (The only benefit is to my checking account)

My advise - don't let this happen to you. Sign-up now for this event. (sure as @##^ wish I could)

2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

That looks like a nice track layout.  Looks very fast in a SM.  Be nice if I was closer.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Dad's Z06, Zo7 just rolled off the assembly line yesterday, maybe I should call the factory and tell them to race prep it for the event?  Wonder if dad could get in and out of it fully caged? 

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

I remember talking to your dad at NOLA about his new Z06.  Is he taking delivery in KY or having it shipped?

I love everything about the new Z06, except for the tail lamps.  I really wish they would have stuck with the more traditional circle/oval look.  

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I remember talking to your dad at NOLA about his new Z06.  Is he taking delivery in KY or having it shipped?

I love everything about the new Z06, except for the tail lamps.  I really wish they would have stuck with the more traditional circle/oval look.  

In a weird bit of marketing/capitalism, Chevrolet charges you an extra $1,000 to pick the car up vs shipping.  I was in Kentucky last weekend and I offered to pick it up and break it in for him.  For some reason he declined and said he would wait some indeterminate amount of time for it to be shipped to the dealer.  

Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car Number:72

James,

I was able to look at a new Z06 side by side with the standard Stingray yesterday.  The view from the rear is different in that the rear fenders of the Z06 are 3" wider (more flared) which spreads the tail lights further apart.  The more I see the rear end the better I like it (good thing since I will have to live with it).

Have you looked at the burnishing procedure for the Z07 carbon-ceramic brakes?  50 consecutive hard stops from 60 mph to 10 mph with rapid acceleration between each stop.  Of course that shouldn't take too long since 0-60 mph is about 3 seconds.

Pat

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Here is the information about the Corvette Factory delivery.

Option R8C - $990.00

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

James,

I was able to look at a new Z06 side by side with the standard Stingray yesterday.  The view from the rear is different in that the rear fenders of the Z06 are 3" wider (more flared) which spreads the tail lights further apart.  The more I see the rear end the better I like it (good thing since I will have to live with it).

Have you looked at the burnishing procedure for the Z07 carbon-ceramic brakes?  50 consecutive hard stops from 60 mph to 10 mph with rapid acceleration between each stop.  Of course that shouldn't take too long since 0-60 mph is about 3 seconds.

Pat

Looks like i should go pick it up in Kentucky and break it in at the track.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Here is the information about the Corvette Factory delivery.

Option R8C - $990.00

http://www.corvettem...g/ncm_delivery/

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Sorry, not happening.  Love you dearly, but leave my Vet alone.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

What could possibly go wrong? 

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I have mad car control skills not sure what you are worried about,  I haven't hit a wall in like a year and half.  

• James York likes this

Jerry Cabe

Jerry Cabe

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Region:Cincy Region SCCA
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:10 SM

That looks like a nice track layout.  Looks very fast in a SM.  Be nice if I was closer.

Jerry Cabe
2014 Cincy Region Race Chair

"Just driving SM until the F1 is ready - Well the F-1 car is ready, but I'm not."

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I have not been on this track yet, maybe the few that have could chime in. I heard it as a few second gear corners and that it is a finesse track perfect for SM. I plan on going. There is talk that this we become a Major next year so better learn it now.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Qik Nip

Qik Nip

Loose Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:60

I drove it before it was officially opened as a guest (mostly so they could gtrain corner workers), ran a 2X7 hour Chumpcar event, and instructed at 2 10/10th events there last year and I can attest that it is indeed a very technical track. As observed by Frank, it will be a great SM course. Ironically it is not an especially good big HP track. There are 22 turns, lots of elevation change and even a  few blind entries to add some fun. BTW, sign up early. It will be a sellout and I really recommend the practice day. It will take a few sessions to get the hang of it.

Rick

P.S. Deception corner (aptly named) may have the latest apex on planet earth!

• FTodaro likes this

2009, 2010 & 2011 SCCA Great Lakes Div. Reg. SM Champ
2006, 2009, 2010 & 2011 Cincy SCCA Reg. Driver of the year