Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Region:NNJR
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:48SM

http://aeroquipperfo...tml?supercat=10

Was thinking about getting a couple to make oil changes a little bit easier.

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I use a version of the third one listed as my fuel test port. Jet Hawthorne of pressure connections sells a kit for the Miata, i have it on all the cars i have built and also have a fuel pressure gauge that i plug in to just confirm the fuel pressure. Don't know that i would need one for the oil pan and not sure i would want to put one on the brake or clutch line, but they work well and have not had a failure.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

Fwiw, I worked with the owner of Dimple 6 or so years ago to develop a magnetic oil drain plug for RX7s and Miatas (and other Mazdas and Mini since they use the same thread pitch).  

I've found the magnet helpful b/c it catches any errant metal particles that would otherwise be missed - like this: 

chunksondrainplug.JPG

Dimple is a veteran owned business and made in the USA

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

IIDSYCDIYC,  :)

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

"Fasteners are free..."

I call a drain plug == bolt == fastener

:hugegrin:

• Johnny D and Rob Burgoon like this

Brandon

Brandon

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

And Alberto - that's probably the biggest reason why I'm reconsidering some sort of dry-break...it doesn't get the junk out!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
IMO, just one more thing that can go wrong.. total time a year r/r that drain bolt is less than 5 minutes?
  • Dave Cox and ScratchRob13 like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:SouthEast
  • Car Number:121

I have used them for years racing sport bikes.  They are only a small time saver, but they allow you to connect a hose that directs the oil over or around the exhaust headers and other obstacles, thus keeping everything very tidy and clean.  When you add the time it takes to clean up the splash from the drain plug when you drop it in the catch can, it starts to add up.  We also use them for the front brake lines and hydraulic clutch lines.  They are pure genius. 

ChrisA

ChrisA

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Region:NCR
  • Car Number:58

Biggest oil mess when changing the Miata oil is the filter. That's the thing that drips oil over other stuff, like the subframe. Pan plug is nothing.

Chris

Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman ... or a bad woman.
- George Burns

av8tor

av8tor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Region:SouthEast
  • Car Number:121

ChrisA +1, yes it is!  My PT car with the remote mounted filter is so much easier and cleaner.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users